• Winter is here! Make sure you piggies are safe by taking action now, for more information on cold weather protection - Click Here
  • Potential Forum Meet - Manchester Saturday March 2nd Details here!.
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.
  • As from Wednesday, 30th January, Cat and Rabbit Care Clinic will be relocating to 1 The Drive, Northampton, NN1 4RY

Popcorning when cleaning hay

PigglePuggle

Adult Guinea Pig
Piggle loves poop scooping and hay cleaning time and always always popcorns over to help. She likes to tip over any container of collected poops and dirty hay, and helpfully poop right where we are cleaning so there is extra to do! Piggy daddy says she's very clever and its a compliment, like she thinks hoomans collect piggy poops to eat and she wants us to have extra fresh ones :)

Wiebke

Staff member
Does anyone else's piggies popcorn when you are cleaning hay? Whenever I pick up hay on the cage's floor, Cocoa goes absolutely nuts! She popcorns and happily runs laps while Penny does nothing :whistle: What is so thrilling about picking up hay? :lol!:
I can supply several candidates! :D

Does anyone else's piggies popcorn when you are cleaning hay? Whenever I pick up hay on the cage's floor, Cocoa goes absolutely nuts! She popcorns and happily runs laps while Penny does nothing :whistle: What is so thrilling about picking up hay? :lol!:
They know the routine means they are going to get more fresh hay. 😊

Mine know to start veg begging at 4pm and if i leave them until 5pm they start teeth chattering at me

Reenie

Forum Donator 2017/18
Bobby and Bailey can even be sleeping, but the minute I start to take things out of the cage to clean it, they start eating the hay that they have been ignoring because they want fresh. Then they popcorn - and I think they're pretty old men, so it's quite unusual for them to popcorn, but they always do it at cage cleaning time.