• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poppy X

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRS1990

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Less than two weeks after losing my Frankie, I've just been to do my final checks on the piggies for the night and found my Poppy had passed away. She was almost 4. image.jpg

I haven't lost one in over 3 years, and now two within 11 days :-(

BIG HUGS!

I am soooo sorry for you! What a horrible double whammy to start the year with! :(

Poppy looks like a real sweetie. Please give yourself time to take it all in and digest it all. Heart attacks happen at all ages out of the blue; there is nothing you can do about and there are no warning signs that you could have missed. Just sheer bad luck. Unfortunately, sudden deaths - while easy on the piggy - are very hard to grapple with for a loving mummy, as you have deal with both the shock and the grieving.

RIP Poppy

I haven't lost one in over 3 years, and now two within 11 days :-(

I did lose two of mine just a week apart last January; they were both only middle aged; the second in an emergency tumor operation, so I feel for you! It took me quite a while to come to grips with it, especially as I then lost most of my original Tribe piggies to old age problems, one by one, in the following months. Piggy deaths seem to come in batches unfortunately. :(

Luckily my girls live in a herd. I have four remaining sows so although they will grieve, they aren't lonely. Pops was a lovely pig. Really loving. It hasn't sunk in yet. I've had such a night of drama which is why I went to check so late.

Oh how awful, what a horrible shock. I am really sorry to read you have lost your beautiful girl. Losing a piggy is hard enough but two so close together is devastating. I am so sorry. We are all here for you. Hugs x

Sleep well little one

RIP Poppy
x x

Luckily my girls live in a herd. I have four remaining sows so although they will grieve, they aren't lonely. Pops was a lovely pig. Really loving. It hasn't sunk in yet. I've had such a night of drama which is why I went to check so late.

It always a huge relief if you know that your piggies are not acutely pining although I find the eerie quiet in the piggy room after the passing of a comrade depressing enough. It is going to hit you in the next few days. If you can, try to make some space for yourself so you can let loose when you need to. We will be here on the forum whenever you need somebody to talk to.

Thank you everyone. I sought comfort when I lost Frankie and came across this forum. I've had nothing but good experiences here (in a way). You are all brilliant. Such a hard day today with everything that I haven't shed a tear for
Poppy yet. It hasn't sunk in. I think it will hit me in the morning

I'm so sorry for your loss... Much hugs and strength.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Sleep tight little Poppy x

I'm so sorry about your loss and so so sorry you've had 2 close together. You are in my thoughts xx

Bless you, so sorry to hear about your beautiful girl, sleep tight Poppy.

I'm getting worried about going out to them in case I lose another one :-(making my partner check the cages before I do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back