• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Porridge Oats

Status
Not open for further replies.

MycuteBoys

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I read on here a few weeks ago that one of our lovely members feeds their piggies oats I tried my boys with porridge oats and they all really enjoyed the small amount I gave them. Ive tried looking into how much, how often etc to feed them this and ive seen mixed reviews so I thought I would ask via here. (My boys always have fresh water in their bottles)
Many thanks as always for your help :)
Kell

I don't feed them personally as they can cause bloat, as you say there are mixed opinions though. If I want to help a pig gain weight I give them critical care or bran (though I haven't given that since Nigel).

Thank you helen, I will keep it as a little treat then once in a while :) my oreo is better he has his vet check up tomorrow hopefully he will be signed off as fighting fit and lump free. I would love to see him reach the 1kg mark hopefully by the end of January he was 813g at last Friday's weigh in.

That's brilliant.

Hopefully over time he will put weight on, he's still young though and some pigs are petite.

Thank you helen, I will keep it as a little treat then once in a while :) my oreo is better he has his vet check up tomorrow hopefully he will be signed off as fighting fit and lump free. I would love to see him reach the 1kg mark hopefully by the end of January he was 813g at last Friday's weigh in.
Glad oreo is better. How's Alex doing? Are they still separated?

@MycuteBoys it has taken my Kasper since last September to finally reach over 1kg after he had a massive abscess operation (the thread is somewhere on here). I'm glad that he finally has and hope your Oreo manages to gain :)

Aww thank you everyone, @Davey-cavy sadly Oreo and alex are unable to go back to getter as Alex keeps attacking oreo I'm stuck what I should do in the long term as Its not good that they are on their own.
Thank you @helen105281 i think he will alway be a smaller piggy :)
@theoretikos ohh bless him he's a cute your kasper I'm glad to hear he's better, fingers crossed oreo will stay well from now on and gain weight :) i carnt find the post now lol @Cookie16 :)

I used to always give my old piggy snowball a small bowl of bran mash at night. He loved it. I made it with hot water and let it cool before feeding to him. Never gave him oats though.

I give my chickens porridge into the winter to help keep them warm! Not sure I'd give it to my piggies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back