• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Positive Vibes for my princess JJ please :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sodapops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My little princess JJ is booked in at the animal hospital tomorrow morning to have a lump removed from her inner ear - they are not sure how far down in to the ear canal it is - but over the course of 4 wks it's progressively gotten bigger.

PICT6146.jpg

We first noticed a wound/abscess inside her ear around 4-5wks ago - after seeking advice on here we immediately made an appointment with our local vets. She was given a 10 days course of Baytril and was seen when she's finished it. Over the 10 days of taking her anti-biotics it did appear to double in size, however it wasn't weepy and wasn't bleeding and by the time the course of baytril had finished it had scabbed up completely and looked so much better.

The vet said it didn't appear suspicious and because the baytril had a positive effect on the wound i was told to see how things went over the next couple of weeks - and that if i had any concerns to go back.

Anyhow we checked it daily and about 5 days after she stopped the baytril it started to look weepy again and it looked like she's knocked the scab off it. We decided to keep it clean and see how it was the following day - over the course of the next 2-3 days it appeared to be scabbing over again.

Last Thursday evening when we checked it, it looked as though JJ was making it worse and it almost looked as though it was becoming infected - the smell when i put my head near her ear was absolutely gut wrenching. On friday morning i contacted another vets (as i wasn't happy with her treatment at the previous one) and explained the situation. A collection of events with the current vets not receiving her records 3 times after they should have been sent, add to the acceptance by the new vets meant she didn't get seen till yesterday (and believe me i had to argue and get upset just to get her seen so soon).

Each day since last Friday the wound/abscess has gotten worse. Basically an operation to remove it now is the only option (since JJ wont leave it alone) - they also believe now that there is a secondary infection.

Anyhow they booked her in for next tuesday and she was given Baytril until then, but having checked her ear again this morning i got straight on the phone and said it couldn't wait (basically her whole ear was caked in blood and everytime she shook her head when we tried to look blood was flying everywhere).

So she's booked in for tomorrow morning, but i am so worried - I was so horrified by her ear this morning that i had to walk out the room in tears (i didn't want to upset my daughter again who spent most of last night in tears).

Please keep fingers crossed for her and send her some positive vibes - it's going to be a long day for me tomorrow :(

Reaction score
Lots of positive vibes, piggie cuddles and kisses being sent her way. She's gorgeous and I love her name :) x

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Awwwww Poor JJ! she's a beautiful girl, keeping my fingers (and toes) crossed for JJ! xxxxxx

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Poor JJ will keep everything crossed and pray for the best news tomorrow x

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope everything goes well for you. Fingers crossed for you and her, lots of positive vibes....

x x

Sodapops

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks for all the positive comments :)

I didn't sleep much last night and reluctantly took her in at 8am this morning - only to be told that she'll probably spend the night there and i wouldn't be able to collect her till tomorrow afternoon!

Anyhow at 10:50am i get a phone call to say the op had been successful and that she's responded really well and has been eating - so i can collect her anytime after 2:30pm today!

To say i'm relived and excited is an understatement :))

My daughter was dead upset when i came home after taking her in as she said she didn't want JJ to be all alone in the dark :(

Thankfully all has gone well and we can bring our little princess home :)

Status
Not open for further replies.