Possible hutch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liane

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The materials are good quality, but I can't comment on ramps as mine don't use them, but I would suggest adding a high wall/tunnel to the ramp so they don't fall or jump off.

I recently bought from that site and we had a few problems with ordering and delivery, but it was the best I found in terms of quality, price and choice. You might want to consider making a custom divider as the one provided sucks; there's a gap at the bottom and the top, very drafty. We just bought some wood from B&Q and cut it to fit nicely. We also reversed the doorway, but you can't do that as you'll have a ramp. The bolts are also not very secure so I recomment buying four more for the tops of each door.

You will also need to add in some additional screws at the back as there aren't enough to fully secure it. You'll get piggy-wee leaks otherwise! (leaves an unattractive white stain).

And some minor things about the hutch - the edges of the plastic floor make it difficult to clean and also reduces space slightly, so a normal pigloo will be a tight squeeze and you're limited with how you position it (we ended up getting a different, plastic bottomed one which isnt ideal). There are also small gaps at each corner where sawdust gets stuck (and pigs ALWAYS use it as a toilet) and wee actually falls through the gap to the bottom floor!

Oh, and consider getting the cover! I got one with mine, they're great.

Little Piggles

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just one thing to consider is where the ramp is... Looking at the pics, you're gonna lose alot of the upstairs floor space.

Our hutch is a double too and the hole for the ramp is in the corner so we only lose about 6" of floor space

Just a bit of an observation :)

Pepperdog

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The original hole for my hutches ramp is the same size which I didnt like, and why I am glad I put in the new floor so I could cut a hole that fitted just the top part of the tunnel - no worrying about them falling down on the top of the ramp tunnel and I have regained some of the floor space that would not have been there had I left it as it was.

My wire run came from them - via their ebay shop. I am really happy with the quality of their product and the time it took to arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.