• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info

Potential 2 New Boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

chloe heslington

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I am in the process of possibly taking on 2,8 year old brothers from my college as they are being retired from there.
I already have 2 girls, so was wondering is there anything i need to take into account when locating the two boys within the same room as my girls or if anything needs to be done differently?
Thank you

P

piggyfan

Congratulations, Chloe!

All I can think of is you need to always handle the boys first as if you smell of the girls it can cause the boys to fall out and the cage needs to not be next to the girls. I know some people have stacked cages with the girls at the bottom, I think. @Julesie can advice as she has a boar pair and a boar and sow pair.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Ideally the boys need to be out of sight of the girls. Always handle, feed, groom and cuddle your boys before the girls; the same goes for any roaming in a time-shared area, so you do not carry girl scent across - although your old boys are likely to be a little bit more laid back than a hormonal sub-adult boar.

Status
Not open for further replies.