• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Potential URI advice

veesilver

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My sweet Coco is making funny noises when breathing, and I am almost certain its an URI. I am trying to find a vet in Cambridge (UK) that treats exotics but it seems impossible because they are closed during the weekends... My only option might be vets4pets which doesn't have the best reputation...so I am not sure if that's worth a try
I am desperate to know if there is any comfort I can provide her with in the meantime....

Hi everyone,
My sweet Coco is making funny noises when breathing, and I am almost certain its an URI. I am trying to find a vet in Cambridge (UK) that treats exotics but it seems impossible because they are closed during the weekends... My only option might be vets4pets which doesn't have the best reputation...so I am not sure if that's worth a try
I am desperate to know if there is any comfort I can provide her with in the meantime....

Hi!

You can find an out-of-hours service referral phone number on a vet clinic's answering machine during weekends. What you cannot count on is how piggy savvy the vet is that is seeing your piggy. However, any halfway decent vet should be able to listen to the airways and diagnose a potential URI if there is one.

How to contact a vet out of hours
Emergency, Crisis and Bridging Care until a Vet Appointment

The 24 hour/emergency vet my vet is associated with is Village Vet (Vet24) in Milton. Call your normal surgery number and their answer machine/website will tell you who they use as OOH cover.
ive had to use them in the past for my rabbits but it’s been a few years (sadly my last out of hours experience with them was for an emergency PTS) but they were lovely.

Back