• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Potteries GPR Xmas fair Saturday 12 November 2022

Had a really lovely day, was so lovely to meet everyone and see everyone again, and very lovely to be a bit naughty and get double piggy cuddles from Santa Paw’s beautiful piggies! :luv:And of course to get some cuddles and sloppy kisses from the utterly scrumptious Koda! :wub:
May have bought a few things and spent a few pennies :whistle::whistle::)) (the cat was already mine! 😆)
View attachment 214485View attachment 214486
Won 2 chess sets! 🤷‍♀️:doh::))
View attachment 214487
I tried to fit it on one pic @VickiA, it wasn’t happening surprisingly :))

How on earth did you manage to get all that home! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Was there anything left. 🤣🤪

What is that? Looks interesting.

I was thinking the same thing
I had no idea yesterday either! Apparently measures your BMI, body fat percentage and body muscle percentage.
Not sure I want to know that nasty information! :yikes::xd: As the most exercise I do is pig cages and fish tank once a week and always in blooming bed! 🙈:))

How on earth did you manage to get all that home! Looks like you had a wonderful time. Was there anything left. 🤣🤪
Haha well lovely Gemma @Gem789 had to help me a bit on the way to the station, can definitely feel it today! :fog::)) Then we used the lifts rather than stairs on the way back on the 2 trains :)) It was such a lovely day, so nice to meet everyone!
Yes there was loads left, Gemma and her mum grabbed that 😉XD We were there 5 hours so you can’t help but do another lap and spend a bit more! :D

I had no idea yesterday either! Apparently measures your BMI, body fat percentage and body muscle percentage.
Not sure I want to know that nasty information! :yikes::xd: As the most exercise I do is pig cages and fish tank once a week and always in blooming bed! 🙈:))

Yeah too much information lol. Now where did I hide them choccie biccies. 🤣

It was lovely to see you all again after 3 difficult and long years!
But very sorry for missing you, @Pound Shilling & Pig - I hope that your anxiety has settled down again. Try the afternoon when it is usually much calmer and more relaxed next time.

My greatest thanks go to @Qualcast&Flymo for giving me and Merlin the all important lift, and for not minding to also squeezing in a few tins with homemade biscuits (guinea pig gingerbread, spiced Christmas shortbread with mincemeat filling and chocolate balls with and without kirsch were what I had enough energy to bake around a flu jab this week) for those that have been suffering from severe Christmas biscuit withdrawal symptoms; plus two sizeable boxes of utterly despised stalky timothy hay free to a good home for a voluntary rescue donation, which have made @Lorcan coo with happiness and the hairless rogue piggy wigs finally temporarily shut up...

And special thanks for the mystery birthday bag (which is what I am holding in the group picture) from Helen @The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue , which has to wait until Tuesday.

My apologies for running out of steam towards the end of my biggest outing since contracting Covid. I won't be up to much tomorrow!

I did unfortunately have to curtail my purchases a bit after splurging out on second-hand cosies and some little Christmas presents at the TEAS event two weeks ago and of course on a whole real-life piggy family for a very special birthday present for myself indeed!

But here is my haul (sorry for missing your little wax jar sitting on the side table, @VickiA - hub can't remember where he left the foghorn for my brain this time):
View attachment 214498
Some lovely dried forage piggy treats and a couple of flapjacks for the one who missed out by just a few karma points for being reborn as a piggy - but I married him anyway - courtesy of @Qualcast&Flymo .
Christmas cards for piggy friends and an embroidery pattern which I am planning to adapt to a portrait picture of my memorable teddy 'Lady' Nerys at some point... Plus my mystery birthday bag!
It was lovely to see you again @Wiebke .
My husband was delighted when I gave him a bag full of your chocolate truffles.

Hope everyone has recovered from the exhaustion and the excitement

It was lovely to see you again @Wiebke .
My husband was delighted when I gave him a bag full of your chocolate truffles.

Hope everyone has recovered from the exhaustion and the excitement

I am having my big exhaustion pay back for overdoing it today... as expected and planned for.

Big thanks to @Merab's Slave who set up on Friday evening and then ran the tombola on Saturday morning.
The fair was a huge success. The rescue received a couple of donations, which, together with the proceeds from the gift stall and tombola, resulted in the rescue making £897. So great as it means that the rescue can continue with its boar neutering and rehoming programme and has reserves for the vets bills which can mount up very quickly. Thank you to everyone who supported in any way.

Hello forum friends
First of all huge thanks to all of you who visited our event yesterday, I hope you all had a great day, you all mean so much to me ❤️
We really had some fantastic donations and handmade items,we are truly blessed. People had travelled from far and wide to attend so we must be doing something right.
The forage stall went down really well, Cadfael & Hugh devoured their forage parcel.
I’m so sorry though I didn’t spend time with all of you it’s so difficult running an event of this size you have to be everywhere and with everyone !
I felt so poorly with cold all day, but thanks to my family and those of you who helped on our stalls during the event i got through the day.
@Merab's Slave
@David Piggie Lover
Thank you xx

Stephen @karonus aka Santa Paws stole the show, thank you for sponsoring our event which allowed all rescues to attend for free.
Thank you for your help x

Next years date will be sorted very soon !

Attachments

• 4DE97C56-7790-4644-8C30-656BCC38E24F.jpeg
    4DE97C56-7790-4644-8C30-656BCC38E24F.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 1CB8606F-D408-4D91-BA57-3C704F6A2936.jpeg
    1CB8606F-D408-4D91-BA57-3C704F6A2936.jpeg
    163.8 KB · Views: 20
  • F632B659-B569-440C-AAA3-A5A254BF3DF9.jpeg
    F632B659-B569-440C-AAA3-A5A254BF3DF9.jpeg
    89.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 57DC23E4-DD2E-4653-A066-9CB9F3878398.jpeg
    57DC23E4-DD2E-4653-A066-9CB9F3878398.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 19
  • 873EFCCC-63B7-4732-8248-BC29351021A4.jpeg
    873EFCCC-63B7-4732-8248-BC29351021A4.jpeg
    99.4 KB · Views: 19
  • CC93D6ED-A527-4CF2-B7C2-102700EB8012.jpeg
    CC93D6ED-A527-4CF2-B7C2-102700EB8012.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 18
  • EB934B05-AEEF-466B-85F0-9312B8F1921C.jpeg
    EB934B05-AEEF-466B-85F0-9312B8F1921C.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 9CEE65EF-1FB0-40F7-9593-20CC4921AEA0.jpeg
    9CEE65EF-1FB0-40F7-9593-20CC4921AEA0.jpeg
    103.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 6BC5F096-98A0-4F47-A771-F8C4FCCB084C.jpeg
    6BC5F096-98A0-4F47-A771-F8C4FCCB084C.jpeg
    112.7 KB · Views: 17
Hello forum friends
First of all huge thanks to all of you who visited our event yesterday, I hope you all had a great day, you all mean so much to me ❤️
We really had some fantastic donations and handmade items,we are truly blessed. People had travelled from far and wide to attend so we must be doing something right.
The forage stall went down really well, Cadfael & Hugh devoured their forage parcel.
I’m so sorry though I didn’t spend time with all of you it’s so difficult running an event of this size you have to be everywhere and with everyone !
I felt so poorly with cold all day, but thanks to my family and those of you who helped on our stalls during the event i got through the day.
@Merab's Slave
@David Piggie Lover
Thank you xx

Stephen @karonus aka Santa Paws stole the show, thank you for sponsoring our event which allowed all rescues to attend for free.

It was a lovely fair and lovely to see so many familiar faces again! :tu:
I sometimes wish I had less piggies and more pocket money but then I come across another special piggy in need... :D

Anyway, I have been very sorry that you were so unwell and hope that your cold is getting better again soon!

Big thanks to @Merab's Slave who set up on Friday evening and then ran the tombola on Saturday morning.
The fair was a huge success. The rescue received a couple of donations, which, together with the proceeds from the gift stall and tombola, resulted in the rescue making £897. So great as it means that the rescue can continue with its boar neutering and rehoming programme and has reserves for the vets bills which can mount up very quickly. Thank you to everyone who supported in any way.

Hello forum friends
@Merab's Slave
@David Piggie Lover
Thank you xx

Well done, that was an excellent amount that was raised 👏 So many generous and clever crafty people! It was lovely to see everyone too.

Sorry you were feeling poorly Helen @The Potteries Guinea Pig Rescue , hope you are starting to feel better now. x

Back