• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Preparing For Rescue Home Visit This Afternoon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moo

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hiya GuineaPig friends, I would like to share with you all where I'm at with finding a friend for Tubby my 3yo boar. Tubby has been living alone since My Moo past on 21/12/2014 as heartbreaking as it was it didn't take me long to realize my Tubby will be on his own and was probably missing Moo as much, if not more than I was, So I had to quickly pick myself up and get thinking!

I called around all my local rescue centers, but had no luck finding a friend for Tubby. I did consider the neuter option and after careful consideration, advice and reserch I just couldn't do it.

I then found a rescue center I over looked that had 5 single boars and decided to take a leap of faith. I drove down there as I saw a handsome black boar which reminded me a little of Moo, when I arrived and went down to the Guineapig section I was mistakenly handed a beautiful 2yo PEW, after seeing him my mind was already made up this would be the boy I'll adopt. I did hold all the other 4 piggies, but I went with my heart.

Today the rescue centre will be carring out a home visit. I'm excited and nervous at the same time as there is allot riding on this, more so hoping Tubby will get on with his new friend when he finally comes home, which should be on saturday I've been told if all goes well. I never had the option of boar dating at this rescue unfortunately as they did not allow it.

I've familiarized my self with the bonding section of the forum, which is incredibly good for anyone considering introducing a new Piggie to their existing piggie family

This is there home 3 x 5 C&C, I've put a divider down the middle of the cage for the time being with the hope that after the bonding sessions I can take it away. I'll also be adding an additional 2 x 3 extension running off the right hand side if I feel its neccersary.
20150121_130324.jpg

Last edited:
Hiya GuineaPig friends, I would like to share with you all where I'm at with finding a friend for Tubby my 3yo boar. Tubby has been living alone since My Moo past on 21/12/2014 as heartbreaking as it was it didn't take me long to realize my Tubby will be on his own and was probably missing Moo as much, if not more than I was, So I had to quickly pick myself up and get thinking!

I called around all my local rescue centers, but had no luck finding a friend for Tubby. I did consider the neuter option and after careful consideration, advice and reserch I just couldn't do it.

I then found a rescue center I over looked that had 5 single boars and decided to take a leap of faith. I drove down there as I saw a handsome black boar which reminded me a little of Moo, when I arrived and went down to the Guineapig section I was mistakenly handed a beautiful 2yo PEW, after seeing him my mind was already made up this would be the boy I'll adopt. I did hold all the other 4 piggies, but I went with my heart.

Today the rescue centre will be carring out a home visit. I'm excited and nervous at the same time as there is allot riding on this, more so hoping Tubby will get on with his new friend when he finally comes home, which should be on saturday I've been told if all goes well. I never had the option of boar dating at this rescue unfortunately as they did not allow it.

I've familiarized my self with the bonding section of the forum, which is incredibly good for anyone considering introducing a new Piggie to their existing piggie family

This is there home 3 x 5 C&C, I've put a divider down the middle of the cage for the time being with the hope that after the bonding sessions I can take it away. I'll also be adding an additional 2 x 3 extension running off the right hand side if I feel its neccersary.
View attachment 22422

I am sure that you are going to pass with flying colours with your piggy palace! :)

Great news... :yahoo:

Reactions: Moo
Great news! fingers firmly crossed that Tubby and Dom will take to each other!

I am sure that he will pwek up as soon as he has a new neighbour to get to know pre-introduction!

I've been so lucky with my boys so far as they've both been extremely nice natured and completely charming. Tubby always respected Moo and let Moo be in charge right to the end despite Tubby being a fair bit bigger and heavier... But Moo did let Tubby share his biscuits :)

... Just trying to work out how I managed to divide my 3x5 cage equally in half :hmm: its because I cannot count, its a 3x6 I'm such a doughnut at times :stu:

Last edited:
It's great to read your exciting news, and I'm looking forward to hearing what Tubby thinks of the new piggy!

Thank you all, I'm very much looking forward to bringing Dom home and updating you all on Dom's & Tubbies progress! :woot:

Fantastic news, I remember your photo the other day, he's lovely.

Thank you very much everyone, I'm going to contact the rescue first thing tomorrow morning to arrange to bring Dom home and there will be plenty of pics:yahoo:

Yay! Can't wait to see pigtures of Dom enjoying his new life of luxury :D

Congratulations, he will have a great home with yourself and Tubby! Hope intros go well :)

The rescue vet has given Dom the thumbs up to come home with me, I'm so happy he has settled down so nicely, Dom has been eating and drinking so much, he's a very happy boy and has been pop-corning almost non-stop since I've put him down.

Tubby is no longer hiding away like he has been since Moo sadly passing away last month, Tubby being more responsive has really cheered me up so much.

Dom when first put into his new home did rattle at Tubby through the wire mesh divider when first put into his new house, but Tubby lightly nipped Dom on the nose and that was the end of that. Since then they both have been making happy noises.

Dom seems to be very strong, he tore into his straw house and took no prisoners, he can also stand on his back legs like a bear and manages to be as tall as my cage bars, but when he gets down on all 4's he looks like a baby again. Its all settled now so I think he was just excited. Fingers crossed they will get on just fine and I'll be able in time to take down the divider.

image (1).jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back