• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pro-Biotics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Where abouts can I get some pro-biotics for long term/life time use? Do Pets at Home do ones? Boots? Tesco? etc

I would prefer to physically be able to go get them rather than ordering online...

Where abouts can I get some pro-biotics for long term/life time use? Do Pets at Home do ones? Boots? Tesco? etc

I would prefer to physically be able to go get them rather than ordering online...

Bit concerned, in view of recent discussion on the boards re probioitics, their uses and effecitveness in given situations, as to what you mean by "life time" use...and why?

Not trying to be challenging...just can;t advise appropriatley without
further info

First thought is Protexin Fibreplex.........or Protexin BioLapis.But that is on-line.

To be honest it is difficult to get probioitics or any type of meds off line (and off license) for piggies unless you are prepared for your vet to prescribe said medication

So a tad more info please and we will do our best to assist

x

You can get VetArk probiotics from pets at home. I have used this alongside baytril and on one occasion when a guinea pig was recovering from illness. I found it very good, and comes as a powder to mix in with water bottle. As it is a powder it has a long shelf life. My pigs loved it, but I know some pigs won't take it, so if you are going to use it, observe to make sure your pigs continue to drink. Good product to have in your store cupboard.
nb. Not sure why exactly you want it, so please take my information as general, based on my own experience. I can't advise you on illnesses. x

I use the pets at home one and it lasts a decent amount of time. Dont know about any other I'm afraid but dont use pro biotic yoghurt are anything, not good for piggie tummies.

Tallulah has diabeties, she suffers greatly with UTIs and last year pretty much gets them constantly and has had to go on long term if not lifetime Septrin, 7 days on, 7 off etc is how she does best. So I'm just thinking it might be best to get some pro biotics into her, but I'm abit concerned if they are going to cause more harm than good?

She shows no negative side effects from the Septrin, poops and eating habits are fine - would it be best to leave be?

Gypsey on the other hand gets nausious on them, but isnt on them long term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back