• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

probably can answer this myself but?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpdfs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm assuming with age comes calmness? Does eating slow down? What are signs of getting older or what kind of things will i notice more? if at all anything?

I'm 45 and haven't calmed down at all, I also find I'm eating my food too quickly.

Oh sorry you mean Guinea pigs.........

Lol good one, Yes i meant guinea pigs! :)

Here is a good article about older guinea pigs which is worth reading: http://www.jpgpr.com/jpgpr400.html

They do sleep more, but should still eat the same. Any sign of loss of appetite, loss of fur or pain/stiffness needs to seen by a vet and treated accordingly. Some older guinea pigs can lose some weight (condition) slowly in the last months of their life, or never regain it after an illness/operation despite having a good appetite.

Our first family guinea pig lived to the ripe old age of nearly 10 years, back in the seventies. Nowadays, many piggies only live to 4-6 years, due to indiscriminate breeding. There are exceptions, though!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back