• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Prolapse

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't take much more of this , I am just off to the vets , an old sow has prolapse , just made an emergency appointment , off to the vet now please send all healing hugs

BIG HUGS

I am so sorry, @gizzy! What a nasty thing to happen! I am keeping my fingers VERY firmly crossed for you and your poor girl!

Sending (((HUGS))) and wishing you the absolute very best of luck!

Need to weight till 5 o'clock my appointment is not till 5 30, and as she is happly sitting next to her boar , I don't want to
disturb her unduly

Need not to panic , I am just gad that John is seeing her , gad I am so very very frightened

No it is not 47 p it is sweet marge an X breeder got many years ago , first thing I need to say to John is whatever it costs , even if it means an out of hours hysterectomy , l will pay anything

Any thing for the little sow ,

she is showing no signs of distress
I gust pry he can fix her

Hi, Madge is comfortable , and she is being kept in the vets , the prolapse is being packed with manuka honey to take down the swelling. John (the vet) is going to operate tomorrow. I'm have to phone them at 2 o'clock tomorrow to she if she will be Ok

Fingers crossed! Madge is a peaceful sow; she is approx 10/12 years old and was a breeder sow in a pet shop for approximately the first two years of her life.

Healing vibes to the little one!

I am keeping my fingers VERy firmly crossed! Prolapses are always touch and go whether they will go back and stay up! What a great age anyway, but I know that you are magic when it comes to giving your piggies a very long, well cared for life.

As I was taking Marge down the path to the car and a squirrel was following us. He was walking along the fence. l have only seen the that close on the parks , it was a first to see one so close to the house
probably due the the amount of dogs that live around hear .

I hope it was a good omen!

Hi my sow that had a nasty prolapse , (dame tablet will not let me rite her name so l will call her B )
anyway , B had a nasty prolapse and vet felt the best way was to spay her, and after that she was off her food and not pooping , but after a l long haul of syringe feeding and floor time to exercise her an get her tummy movingproperly , she is finally making progress , and is now eating small amounts and producing poops , they are rather small but it is a start.

Hi guys , my tablet is messing up ,
a few mind ago it would not open this thread .

And although I have typed her name above , it will not let me type it hear example , M are :bye:

thanks for the update!

It is great that Marge is still hanging in there! At her grand old age, recovery will necessarily be slow; she must be over 100 human years in comparison!

Sending lots of vibes for a continuing recovery!

PS: I have merged the two threads for you.

Yeh , I am not counting my eggs , but she is halperly munching at some hay, and pooing a small amount ,
it's early days but I am gardenly optermistic

Off topic , my old old Maxy Boar , is always there to make me smile , he is on the floor with his sowife Bella,
and as usual , he ran over to me for a snuggle . I love that old boar :hug:

I'm glad Marge is making progress. All fingers and paws crossed here hoping for a speedy recovery. As always @gizzy you are doing a brilliant job & I'm sure she appreciates your love. Max sounds like my kind of pig full of beans!

Yay just whent into the pig room and Marge is eating hay an pooping loads
just going to phone my vet , he asked me to tell him if there is any change .

Vet is quite involved with here wellbeing,
nice to know it's not just about the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back