• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Puppy Pads? for guinea pig bedding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PingandChipy

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Does anyone use puppy pee pads under fleece for their pigs? Would this work and would it be safe? Also, how fast would they go thru these?

I'm trying to find a way that they can stay dry for about 5-7 days. I currently clean every 2-3 days. They are on towels and fleece.

Thanks!:)p

I've just started using them. I sweep the poops up when ever needed, probably 4 times a day and do a complete change every 2-3 days but the pads could probably go another day or 2. Just the fleece on top gets a bit mucky xx

Yep I use them all the time, they are great and you get quite a lot in one pack too which is good value

awesome thanks. I'm going to go get some today and try them out. Now I'm all excited! lol!

I tried them but they didn't seem to work very well at all. Out of all the things I've tried they were the worst absorbency.

oh no really? poop. what do you use now for your pigs? I'm still going to give it a go. It seems to be working for some ppl and at least I'll know for myself what is best.
Thanks!

oh no really? poop. what do you use now for your pigs? I'm still going to give it a go. It seems to be working for some ppl and at least I'll know for myself what is best.
Thanks!

I now use washable bed pads they were pretty expensive and even they don't work that well. I seem to have a real problem keeping my pigs dry, I have tried newspaper, towels, vet bed, puppy pads and nothing seems to keep them dry.

I use pampers disposably baby changing mats under my cage liner (fleece then matress protector) this lasts my smelly boys 5 days.

I am using newspaper, puppy pads, folded fleece, then another fleece. I've been changing the top fleece every 3/4 days, and everything else once a week. But it's all still dry even after a week and doesn't smell.
The girls are using their litter tray (with carefresh and newpaper) for wees so I am changing that twice a day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back