• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Puppy pads

Patch&fluff

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, iv just changed my bedding to fleece with a towel at the bottom then puppy pads on top of that followed with fleece bedding, my question is, my piggies are very nibbly so if they start to eat this would they be ok? Obviously I’m going to keep a eye on them but overnight if they chew it will they be ok? I am a bit of a worry bug when it comes to my piggies lol thanks

Just checking …. puppy pads 1st layer, then towels, then fleece ?

I would do everything you can to cover the puppy pads - guineas will nibble at puppy pads if they are exposed.

I have stopped using Puppy pads for environmental reasons .

I use washable puppy pads in the bottom of my hutch and disposable ones in the top as I have to cut them creatively because of the hole that the ramp goes in. Mine don't eat the puppy pads as I cover them up with hay which I use as bedding for them.

I use washable puppy pads in the bottom of my hutch and disposable ones in the top as I have to cut them creatively because of the hole that the ramp goes in. Mine don't eat the puppy pads as I cover them up with hay which I use as bedding for them.
Could you tell me where you buy the reusable puppy pads. Like @Veggies Galore I am concerned about the environmental impact of the disposable ones.

Hi, iv just changed my bedding to fleece with a towel at the bottom then puppy pads on top of that followed with fleece bedding, my question is, my piggies are very nibbly so if they start to eat this would they be ok? Obviously I’m going to keep a eye on them but overnight if they chew it will they be ok? I am a bit of a worry bug when it comes to my piggies lol thanks

Hi! I also use fleece and I find it a very good option...
I wouldn't let them eat the fleece, honestly. If they eat ALOT it could cause blockage & you'll have to keep buying new fleece more frequently (which can get expensive!) if they keep chewing through it but if it's just overnight, it won't do any major damage (we've all had pigs that chew on one thing or another lol) I have fleece on top of puppy pads on top of a piece of linoleum flooring and mine have never chewed through either of them.
I would recommend giving them some toilet paper rolls, chews, and make sure you have LOTS of hay....I have found that it distracts guinea pigs from chewing a lot of other things in their cage (unless you already do). Just beware of certain pet store toys! And maybe spread some hay out around the fleece.
Also, they might eventually stop chewing on it if they get tired of it. I bought my guinea pigs a cuddle sack once and they chewed (and nibbled) a little bit on it for like a week and then they stopped and haven't done it since (guess they just get bored eventually lol).
Hope you find a solution that works. :)

To work it needs to be puppy pads, then towels and then fleece. The puppy pads have a waterproof layer on the bottom so if you have them first, other wise the towels will be absorbing nothing.

Just checking …. puppy pads 1st layer, then towels, then fleece ?

I would do everything you can to cover the puppy pads - guineas will nibble at puppy pads if they are exposed.

I have stopped using Puppy pads for environmental reasons .
Hi, yes sorry I must of been too busy typing lol puppy pads at the bottom then towel then fleece lol

To work it needs to be puppy pads, then towels and then fleece. The puppy pads have a waterproof layer on the bottom so if you have them first, other wise the towels will be absorbing nothing.
Hi yes that’s the order lol I must of typed it the wrong way before 😂

Back