• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Questions about guinea pigs

Piggies&buns

Adult Guinea Pig
Napping maybe. They don’t always sleep with their eyes closed so they can appear to be staring into space but are in fact asleep.

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
When Dennis sleeps the lights are on but nobody's home! He looks totally zoned out and doesn't even flinch when I try and pick him up. He is usually quite quick and scarpers and soon as he sees my hand go anywhere near him.

PigglePuggle

Adult Guinea Pig
Piggle does this a lot, I've never seen her lie down properly or close her eyes, or sleep for any length of time- she power naps for a few minutes and kind of switches off with her eyes open then starts leaping about again. Nobody likes to share a pigloo with her because she wont settle down, and the other piggies all like their zonked-out chookened chillaxed sleepy time... she runs round all night tipping any sleepy piggies and their furniture upside down!