• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Quick breathing

Reginart

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I found both of my guinea pigs' shoulders going up and down really quickly. I remember watching a guinea pig question video that it takes 5 seconds to see a guinea pig's shoulder to go up and down and that is the normal breathing time. Is this true?

No idea about the video. Does it look like they’re working hard to breathe? If you’re worried take them to the vet.

I found both of my guinea pigs' shoulders going up and down really quickly. I remember watching a guinea pig question video that it takes 5 seconds to see a guinea pig's shoulder to go up and down and that is the normal breathing time. Is this true?

No idea where you got that information from! Guinea pigs breathe a lot more quickly than that.

Please see a vet if the breathing is laboured, with heaving sides or clicking in the lungs; if the breathing is crackling or rasping; constantly (not occasionally) sneezing or coughing or if your guinea pigs are lethargic or off their food.

Back