• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Quick Grease Gland Question M'dears!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coco&Luna

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So Stanley's grease gland is absolutely covered and is covering a patch of fur around his rump & he also has managed to get a patch of it bigger than a 50p half way up his back (he's sexy and he knows it)
I don't have any of the products advised to remove the grease, eccept washing up liquid, which hasn't shifted it?
I'm keen to get rid of it today, so his imaverol dip will be properly effective and the grease wont stop it absorbing into this area.

Any ideas?
X

Realise I posted this in the wrong area, Mods, feel free to shift it. x

No, imaverol will not shift it. Be more patient and order some swarfega. It can be a real pain to get on top of a grease gland that has been let go that bad.

Swarfega is really good and cheap too. Massage some into the grease gland and greasy patches, then gently brush through any matted fur with a guinea pig brush. (This just helps to break the grease down). Then wash it off with guinea pig shampoo and lukewarm water. Hope this helps. :)

:tu: Thank you. There's a halfords nearby. I'll go see if they have it.....never thought i'd be buying beauty products for my guinea pigs from halfords. hah.

No, imaverol will not shift it. Be more patient and order some swarfega. It can be a real pain to get on top of a grease gland that has been let go that bad.
I didnt mean I was gunna use the imaverol to shift it, i just meant i need something to shift it before i could use the imaverol, lol

If you have a B and M bargains I got mine in there, but Halfords should do it.

They have it in Aldi at the moment, with orange scent so it doesn't smell as bad as the normal stuff. :tu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back