• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

quick question about trick or treating with guinea pigs

whfjwodhsodjeji

Junior Guinea Pig
hey i’m new here and i’m just wondering i know it sounds weird but i’m wondering if i could bring my guinea pig trick or treating with me? where i am it does not get very cold even at night it’s about 64 and 58 ferinheight low and high between 7 and 11 at night i will put him in a crate in a blanket on top of some paper towels under his but to catch pee and poop will it be too cold i will be out between 4 and 11 at the latest i will change his paper towels too sorry this is a weird question 😬

whfjwodhsodjeji

Junior Guinea Pig
hey i’m new here and i’m just wondering i know it sounds weird but i’m wondering if i could bring my guinea pig trick or treating with me? where i am it does not get very cold even at night it’s about 64 and 58 ferinheight low and high between 7 and 11 at night i will put him in a crate in a blanket on top of some paper towels under his but to catch pee and poop will it be too cold i will be out between 4 and 11 at the latest i will change his paper towels too sorry this is a weird question 😬
also food and water will be avaible

Seven7

Teenage Guinea Pig
Welcome.
I have seen dogs going trick or treating many times, but I have never seen piggies begging for treats before.

whfjwodhsodjeji

Junior Guinea Pig
you no i was just wondering if i could because it would be really fun 😂 . i thought about the stress too 😖

Willow&Sky

Junior Guinea Pig
I don't think that would be very fun for them at all. Why not decorate their hutch with safe things for Halloween, perhaps you could have their hutch near your door for the evening for when you get trick or treaters come to you? That might be more appropriate?

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
No they are prey animals and this would really scare them, please do not do that to your Guinea pig, I am sure you love them very much so would want them to feel safe and happy at home, while you go out and enjoy Halloween

Bill & Ted

Teenage Guinea Pig
I don’t really think you have thought this through and I know you wouldn’t really consider stressing your little piggies just for a little novelty, would you🤔

PigglePuggle

Adult Guinea Pig
Definitely no! If you want to celebrate Halloween with your guinea pigs make then edible paper treat bags with hay and veggies in.

David Pet Lover

Forum Donator 2017/18
I would never subject any piggie to something that's not natural for them to be comfortable with. When a piggie gets out of its comfort zone then it will/needs to hide and sleep. Taking it Trick or treating I'm sorry that's a no from me
I'm as prob others admire you for asking and we are a friendly bunch pls don't be offended by our replys.
Enjoy trick and treat and tell your piggie all about it when you get home. Pls.

Last edited: