• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

R.I.P little stevie

Status
Not open for further replies.

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My daughter's hamster was put to sleep this morning, he was elderly and going bald but had started to get a nasty sore under his naked belly, the vet said antibiotic's might work but as he is so old it would just be prolonging it and he would be uncomfortable, i asked my 11 year old this morning what to do if that was suggested and she said "put to sleep as i don't want him in any pain" but to bring him home so she could bury him 8... i have been crying all day on and off poor little man, i have bought a large plant pot some soil and and flower's so she can bury him when she gets home from school.

Aww that's so sad. Poor little Stevie. Sounds like you have a very grown up daughter, I think you did the right thing asking her what to do. It's a shame they don't live very long as they are such great characters. He will be feeling much better now. Sweet dreams Stevie x

I am so sorry for you and your daughter. I hope that she is OK?

RIP Stevie

Oh dear, i'm so sorry to you and your daughter, sounds as though you made the right decision though. The flower pot and flowers is a lovely idea too. R.I.P little stevie xx

Sorry to hear about little Stevie.

RIP Stevie

x x

poor Stevie, rip little fella.

it would appear you have trained your daughter well, what a lovely thing for her to say, she obviously loved her hammy.

Hope you are all ok, its heart wrenching times x>>

The school have kindly let me pick her up at 2:30 so i dont have my other kid's around for a bit, i didnt really have much to do with him but it is so sad i think it's because i took him vet's that's made it worse! she has another hammy but he's about the same age tho he don't look it, thank you for your kind word's i *** show her later

Am really sorry, sweet dreams little baby. Hugs to you and your daughter.

Oh dear how very sad, sorry to hear about Stevie 8...8...8...
RIP Stevie run free at the bridge, have fun on the big hammie wheel and munching out on your fav treats, you'll always be remembered by your family and NEVER forgotten xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
((((((((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) and lots of loves from us all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Another little star now twinkling in the sky ............ :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back