• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vikki

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Phone cal today usual story bought 2 guineas from P@H october last year now have 11 guineas as one wasmis-sexed can you re-home most of them please. I pop round to have a loko hay and bedding there but not in the cages guineas just on plastic and poop, chap freely admits they are not being looked after properly but won'tlet me take any before he has spoken to the children (at least I made him put in hay while i was there :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:) The first litter came out ok but second litter was mother to son, problem being they are both road so two pink eye white lethal boys that are blind and tiny and a pew lethal girl resulted only one of the litter of 4 came out healthy looking the rest have various degrees of eyes present all are sickly and al will be coming here to live out their days :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
He called was onest but could have resolved the situation a long time ago before they ended up with mutant babies.
Arrrrrrrrrrrg!!
4 Himis from the cardboard box rescue that cheryl had looked after temporarily have arrived one probably pregnant the rest possibly pregnant so that is upto 7 preggers girls here and 44 in total and now need to make permanent room for 3 pew lethals and get the other out. (they will be buying bigger caging and looking after the ones they keep better alledgedly but I am yet to have words on that one. Going to seek advice on whether I could remove them all now if i get someone official to cme with me.
One of those days hmph!

Well done for getting some of them out Vikki, I hope someone can advise you regarding the others - poor little mites.

They are not out yet I have to phone when the children have had chance to decide who they are keeping I just hated leaving them there and emphasised how they all have various health problems and were obviously not being cared for. the giy freely admitted they were being negleccted :tickedoff: :tickedoff:
I can definately have the pew lethals when i go back but which other ones cmoe out will be a matter of debate if i have my way they will all come out as they blantantly don't care for them well. :'(

Good luck I hope you can take them, perhaps if the children can keep the original 2 and get boy neutered. But thee ideal situ would be getting them all out! Fingers crossed :smitten:

THey are attached to one of the sons from the first litter so maybe original dad and him and get the rest out. Mum was bought as a baby in october and has had two litters already :'(

what is wrong with people why can they not care for animals properly it is not that difficult they have the same basic needs as most humans and presumably they look after themselves ok >:( >:( >:( >:(

God I can't believe some people! :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Hope all goes well, thinking of you and the little ones.

It takes 10 minutes to clean a cage, 10 minutes to feed them 20 minutes a day thats all for basic requirements is that so hard? 98)

They had everything necessary next to the cages hay and bedding :tickedoff: I asked him when they get hay he said, 'whenever we bother to give them some'

Oh I don't know that I'd be as good at remaining calm in that situation! :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

People are unbelievable. It's bad enough to neglect an animal but to actually talk about it as if it's ok, to someone they have called in for help.... beyond belief!

Really hope they come to their sense and hand the whole lot over but that doesn't sound likely. Here's hoping

Sophie
x

i am so :o :o :o and :( :( :( at what i have read here, surely why get pets if you're not prepared to look after them? and why get kids pets as they usual forget about them when the novelty wears off. surely the parents could have found the piggies homes when the kids lost interest really hoping you get them vikki, sending hugs and healing vibes to those poor piggies :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: hoping you get them and give them the attention and love they need :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: poor sweet angels. :'( :'( :'( as sophiew said i would have lost it if i had been there :tickedoff: :tickedoff: :tickedoff: good luck vikki O0

Good luck Vikki - I hope you get most/if not all of them! Poor little things! People should really get info. on animals before taking them on as pets. I bought a book and came on here for advice and info before I went and got piggies. You have to make sure that you can give them what they will need. I feel guilty if I don't spend much time with my animals - even although they all have company and are always fed/watered as they should be.

that's terrible, hope you manage to get most of them out of there Vikki...poor babies

Have finally got thru on the phone and 8 of the guineas will be coming to my house tomorrow leaving them with 3 boys with a further
one for me to collect when I can find space.
Will be jolly busy with 52 guineas and 4 possibly preg so will have my hands full.

Oh Vikki well done for rescuing them, heart goes out to you

Please keep us updated hope they are all okay mate
xx

God bless you Vikki

Children should not be allowed pets on this basis

Well done Vikki! Good luck for tomorrow!

The trouble is that kids should be taughtto respect and care for animals and these kids obviously haven't been shown the proper way! :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back