• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Raising C&c Cages Off The Ground?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cara2103

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to the group! I'm trying to build a c&c cage, I've got the grids but want to raise it off the ground as we have a dog. ( she's never bothered about guinea pigs before but I'd rather be safe!)
Has anyone got any ideas how I could do this? As cheap as possible :) pictures would be brill

My boyfriend has offered to make it we just don't know how best to do it.

use the C&C grids to make the stand to raise it up off the ground. That's what I did with mine.

It's expensive using extra grids! You could just buy some table tops from Ikea or some small tables

The table is probably your best bet or a coffee table & extend the top with a piece of MDF. I would probably go with the first one,to keep it well away from your dogs. I have 2 dogs & l would certainly not trust them in the room, with the piggies.

The setup that VickiA uses is perfect, almost the same as ours. We were fortunate enough to have a table donated to us but you can still get them quite cheap. At your local tip, do you have a re-users shop there? This is where they sell on the items that are too good to throw away. Sadly, not all tips have these shops but they are becoming more popular x

I have mine raised off the ground by making a basic table. I used conti-board from B&Q and Worktop Legs from there also. Cut the board to the size I needed and added 4 legs to make a table. Works brilliantly.

Sounds good. My two will be on a table in a cage with a stair gate in the doorway of the room. Just in case the dogs take too much interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back