• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rambo Has A Lump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I found a lump on Rambo, its underneath her jaw and its probably about a inch in size (according to my OH). I would say about the same sizeish to a peach seed (its hard to describe unless you feel it for yourself.) I've been keeping an eye on it but will be taking her to the vet to have it looked at.

The lump itself is a solid mass and you can sort of get your finger tips around it and she also lets us touch it so its not causing her any pain or discomfort.
Her eating/drinking habits have not changed and her weight is stable. I've checked her teeth which are all fine and she has nice pink gums also her skin and hair is the same and no changes to her behaviour.

Just thought I would ask for suggestions and if anyone has any experience in lumps.

Oh no Jess :( Best to get it checked out ASAP to be safe. Cookie's lump was in her neck and Rosie removed it. Hopefully it is nothing sinister. Cuddles to one of my favourite forum piggies x

Oh no Jess :( Best to get it checked out ASAP to be safe. Cookie's lump was in her neck and Rosie removed it. Hopefully it is nothing sinister. Cuddles to one of my favourite forum piggies x

Thank you, I gave her a cuddle today and the thanks I got was a nip on the chin, don't know what I did to deserve that... Probably didn't like the kisses. What was Cookie's lump?

:)) She thought you was food...

Cookie's lump was a tumour BUT Rosie got it all and it has been a year now without any return, you know how Cookie likes to keep us on our toes....

... She's a special one :whistle:
She'll probably scream bloody murder at the vet office and pee everywhere and nip whoever is nearest

... She's a special one :whistle:
She'll probably scream bloody murder at the vet office and pee everywhere and nip whoever is nearest
Have you got an apt for her yet? Hopefully this is just a fatty lump and nothing to worry about but abscess and other things need to be ruled out

Have you got an apt for her yet? Hopefully this is just a fatty lump and nothing to worry about but abscess and other things need to be ruled out

Not yet; will do tomorrow. My vet always have spaces anytime of the day. Hopefully my favourite vet is there tomorrow, she absolutely adores Rambo. She always give Rambo a special cuddle :)

Took Rambo to the vet and it was an abscess... The vet put a needle in to determine what it could be and drained a whole syringe of puss, tried again with a larger syringe but Rambo was not amused. She was screaming at the top of her little lungs and so the vet got the gloves on and squeeze as much crap out and more until it was flat, and poor girl had a blood moustach/beard. A good scrub with disinfectant we were done. Rambo was not happy and stomped back into the cage. Shes on baytril, metacam and a twice daily wash and squeeze. Back at the vet on Tuesday for a check up. Relieved it's nothing too sinister and she's currently tucking into some hay before dinner

Have they told you to keep it open?

Zithromax tends to be the most effective antibiotic for abcesses so if the Baytril doesn't help it would be worth asking your vet to consider it.

She asked me to bathe it twice a day and squeeze if I can anything inside - she's back in on Tuesday so will ask if needed. Sat with her for her dinner and munching away as if nothing had happened

Can't believe I have only just seen this post.Please give Rambo a cuddle from me. :luv:So glad she is doing well.Get better soon Rambo x

Can't believe I have only just seen this post.Please give Rambo a cuddle from me. :luv:So glad she is doing well.Get better soon Rambo x

She'll be getting A LOT of cuddles now! She has no choice as will be needing medicine and washes everyday! She's going to hate me :D
The is her chin after the needle and squeezing of all gunk
IMG_0519.webp

Poor Rambo. I hope she gets better very soon. Do push for an altenative antibiotic if you think baytril isnt working. X

Update - Rambo's abscess has filled up again but we think its smaller. We bathed it twice today and she's had her baytril.

I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago with Toffee, sadly it didnt end happily but lots of helpful people posted lots of helpful info and photos about treatment, management and medications. I cant link to it at the moment as I am on my phone but I will try to later.

I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago with Toffee, sadly it didnt end happily but lots of helpful people posted lots of helpful info and photos about treatment, management and medications. I cant link to it at the moment as I am on my phone but I will try to later.

Aww thank you :hug:
I read about Toffee I'm sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back