• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ramp That Allows Pigs To Get In/out Of C&c Cage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drezella

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone know whether you can buy ramps that allow your pigs to get in and out of their C&C cage by themselves? (Like a bridge that has a ramp on each side). I know that I could unclip one of the grids that surrounds the correx, but then there's still the correx that they'd have to get over. I'm just curious because I currently have to shuttle them in and out via one of their beds, which isn't a problem, but it'd just be nice if they could take themselves in and out when they are ready, as often Paddy wants to go in long before Rohan does.

Thanks in advance :D

Hmm that's an idea, thanks. If I can't find anything that maybe I could make some stairs out of cardboard. Thanks for the link :)

Hmm that's an idea, thanks. If I can't find anything that maybe I could make some stairs out of cardboard. Thanks for the link :)
I'm sure I've seen something like a ramp like that....I'll have a mooch around the internet and see if I can find it again.

Have you tried the bendy sticks to make a bridge to get over the correx like this
image.jpg "
Harry & lloyd are in a c&c cage and jump over the correx quite easily, it's about the same height as the base of this cage but I suppose it depends on high up it goes

I've used one of those £5.99 Trixie ramps in the past when I had two ferplast bases side by side and wanted to make it easier for the piggies to get over. I'd be worried about putting a similar ramp thing up and over a C&C grid - would be quite steep/high - but it'd work over just the correx.
I thought the same. You could remove one of the grids and just have it over the correx. Think I might do the same with mine. I'd like them to be able to roam around at their leisure when I'm home.

I just cut the bit of correx away so they can go in and out of their cage as they please and at night time I just connect the grid back onDSC08609.JPG

I was thinking along the same lines as gus+walter and Babydoll. I know you keep your C&C on the floor so you could just hinge one of the side grids and cut the correx or put a bending log ramp over the correx so they can get in and out :)

Fab thanks everyone. Yes I was thinking of unclipping one of the grids, just need some kind of ramp to go over the correx. I'll unclip it tonight when they come out for floor time and see what works best. I have one of those small log tunnels, so I might be able to use that as some kind of ramp. I shall have a fiddle and if not then that trixie ramp looks fairly decent. :D Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back