• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ramps made from guttering...

KathT

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
After the death of one of my boars, I’m prepping a new cage for putting my remaining neutered boar with two females I have. I bought some square guttering to make a ramp but am struggling to find a way to attach it to the c&c cage at the top. Can anyone who’s made ramps from guttering let me know how they’ve solved this problem please? Thanks.

After the death of one of my boars, I’m prepping a new cage for putting my remaining neutered boar with two females I have. I bought some square guttering to make a ramp but am struggling to find a way to attach it to the c&c cage at the top. Can anyone who’s made ramps from guttering let me know how they’ve solved this problem please? Thanks.
What about drilling too holes the the guttering and using tie wraps to attach to the base of the upstairs?

We made strategic cuts and then took a hot air paint stripper to the plastic so that it softened and could be bent. It now hooks onto the floor of the upper level and has flanges to help stop any suicidal piggies trying to jump beside (rather than onto) the ramp.

We made strategic cuts and then took a hot air paint stripper to the plastic so that it softened and could be bent. It now hooks onto the floor of the upper level and has flanges to help stop any suicidal piggies trying to jump beside (rather than onto) the ramp.
Thanks Tangle, another possibility. Not sure I have a hot air paint stripper thought - I’ll have to ask the OH!

I cut two holes in one end (or my husband did anyway 😁) and cable tied it to the grid on the top floor. I stuck carpet tiles to it for grip. They loved it!

I cut two holes in one end (or my husband did anyway 😁) and cable tied it to the grid on the top floor. I stuck carpet tiles to it for grip. They loved it!
I think 5is might be the way to go. I’ve got a carpet tile ready to cut up for it too. Thanks Siikibam.

Does anyone have photos of this please?
My upper level in enclosed, is there a good way to cut an opening in a grid for the ramp?

I used wire cutters to remove the unwanted sections of the grid, so the pigs could get through the side of the upper level. File any sharp bits away to stop any accidents. This is a photo of the old ramp but hopefully you can make it out.
0E725F84-1D84-4ED8-B0C9-E4A74163C7FF.jpeg

I'm making a ramp using guttering (thanks for the idea!) But the ends seemed dangerous... tried taking corner off but I think I made it worse 😂any ideas? 20190813_204810.jpg20190813_204806.jpg20190813_204801.jpg

I get my hubby to do mine..... He sands the rough edges with sandpaper

Back