Random Ear Twitching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hadley keeps twitching one of her ears while she's sitting on her lap. It doesn't seem to be bothering her, no head tilt, no reaction to me touching it or looking at it. She seems otherwise healthy- bright, alert, active, good appetite, normal behaviors, etc. Her skin is fine...no hair loss, no flakes, and I can't think of a possible way that she could have been exposed to mites or anything else that would irritate the skin (she's been here for 2.5 months, no hay from outside, no time outside, etc.) Is it just a weird tic or could she have some sort of ear problem? I really hadn't noticed it before today.

Have you had a look into her ear to see whether it looks dirty or waxy? If in doubt, have her checked for ear mites, wax or the beginnings of an ear infection.

And then, of course, she didn't do it at all today! I had a good look inside and all looks well. I'll keep an eye on it. I need to book Sundae an appointment to get an antibiotic renewal in the next week or so, so if it continues I will take her along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back