• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rant about unsafe piggy stuff like hay balls and pine bedding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you hate shavings?
oh and guinea pig leads! I hate them.. I see so many people buy them on Guinea pig pages I’m on on Facebook and i have to try and explain to them even tho they’re sold for piggies they’re not good for them. X

Shavings aren’t entirely unsafe. Please don’t stir fear in people, especially new owners who don’t know much about piggies and chose to use shavings.

Mortified when I saw the food at our biggest pet store, PetSmart. Full of seeds and dried fruit. Carnival I think is the brand name. Petsmart donates a lot to animal charities, but personally I will boycott for selling such dangerous food. They sell harnesses too.

Mortified when I saw the food at our biggest pet store, PetSmart. Full of seeds and dried fruit. Carnival I think is the brand name. Petsmart donates a lot to animal charities, but personally I will boycott for selling such dangerous food. They sell harnesses too.
I have the same dilemma. Petco does a ton of charity work and helps find shelter pets homes, but they also sell a lot of unsafe products and sell animals for profit. The enclosures at the closest store location to us are actually okay in terms of reptiles, but every other animal is not kept in the same quality enclosure. :(

Pigaloos I don’t know why anyone buys them! Plastic is not good for piggies to eat which lets face it they will and they must get soo hot in the summer time! Carrot cottages all the way!

Hey guys, we all have our preferences, but let's not be commiting libel or disrespecting people's substrate or housing choices!
There is a thread in this section already to report on genuinely dangerous toys, which you have evidence have caused injury or a piggy to get stuck. Without commiting libel or being disrespectful. Personally I dont use plastic pigloos either but many people do including reputable rescues because they are easy to disinfect. Which cant be said for carrot cottages or grass or wooden houses.
So lets not get all political and divisive over pet furniture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back