• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rapunzel has swollen nipples!

So good to see she is eating a little and well enough for kisses. I would offer her a syringe feed every few hours until you are sure she is fully back to eating for herself including hay. Hopefully she has been sent home with plenty of pain relief to keep her comfy x

Aw, so glad she is eating again, it’s such a relief for you I bet. Wishing Rapunzel a speedy recovery x

Glad to hear she got through the surgery okay. Piggy kisses from my four for a good recovery. Fudge says be a good girl and eat your veg 😙

So good to see she is eating a little and well enough for kisses. I would offer her a syringe feed every few hours until you are sure she is fully back to eating for herself including hay. Hopefully she has been sent home with plenty of pain relief to keep her comfy x
She has pain meds for twice a day, I just gave her the morning dose so I’m hoping maybe she’ll venture out of her castle, she hasn’t moved much at all. There is some poop in her cage this morning so that’s a relief

She has pain meds for twice a day, I just gave her the morning dose so I’m hoping maybe she’ll venture out of her castle, she hasn’t moved much at all. There is some poop in her cage this morning so that’s a relief
Betsy didn't move much for the first day or so as it takes that long for the anaesthtic to wear off. Hopefully she'll start to feel brighter soon.

So pleased Rapunzel is doing well after her surgery.
The first day or two are the most stressful for us.
I remember being so excited when Jemimah pooped in my lap a couple of days after her spay so it’s good to hear the Rapunzel is pooping already.

Wonderful news :clap: I'm so glad that the gorgeous Rapunzel is doing ok :D
Sounds like you made a good decision if the ovaries were that bad :nod:

She looks quite bright and perky, hopefully hubby's piggy kisses & TLC will help speed recovery. :luv:
Keep up the food & painkillers, Rapunzel you keep munching, provide plenty of poops for everyone & you'll soon be reunited with your handsome :love: :drool: hubby :wub:

Speedy recovery love the girls & I. Xx

Rapunzel is doing better day by day. I reunited her with Kristoff today and they both seemed happy to be back together! Tonight she even came out of her castle for veggie time! Also check out the perfect little heart shaped hay I found on the floor. ❤️ 8AA38538-A2F6-468D-B8DB-4E2CC8985A3C.jpegD978A813-5DAD-4BE5-95A4-28CD1A9345B1.jpeg536EA2A8-6D15-4B15-879E-A556B1DB3137.jpeg

Rapunzel is all back to herself now, she’s even fighting me when I give her her meds. I guess she’s sick of me sticking syringes in her mouth! Her nipples are going down a little, (I know it takes time for the hormones to even out) but they are really dry and crusty. Should I do anything for them or just leave them alone? Also how long should I wait to give her a bath?

So glad to see she is looking so well and beautiful. I would just use a bit of cotton wool and warm water to clean her nipples. I wouldn’t recommend bathing until her wound is completely healed as it’s a potential source of infection. I’ve usually just given mine a bit of clean with cotton wool and hibiscrub if they look a bit mucky from surgery (iodine or whatever they use and then a bit of dried blood etc).

Back