• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rash

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fr0ggy

Does anyone else get a rash from their piggies? I seem to be getting an itchy neck and red rash sometimes when I've put Hay in their hutch or sometimes when I've been holding them. If anyone has any experience of this and knows any solutions can you let me know? I think it may be something I'm going to have to put up with for the love of my boys!

Sounds like a small allergy to hay to me, hopefully its not an allergy to your piggies.

Yep can totally relate, don't always get it but when i've just cleaned out Duke it can be worse.
As an eczema sufferer i just put up with it, but i do go and wash my neck with a cold flannel and then apply my cream. You could speak to a pharmacist and ask them what you could use to help.
Allergies to hay is quite common i cannot always walk into stables the smell etc sends me 'crazy' with runny nose, itching and eye watering and itchy as all heck.
Good luck :)

I get a very dry cough for a few hours after cleaning them out, the dust in the hay maybe

my boyfriend gets red patches on his arms and little blisters when he handles the piggies.

so he just has to wash very carefully after handling them, or wear longsleeved shirts.

thankfully no response whatsoever to handling hay. *phew*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back