• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Readigrass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Midge&Panda

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just a quick question, Is readigrass considered a high calcium food?. Since she's started peeing pink Rosie has lost a little bit of weight. We're not sure if it's an infection or bladder sludge/grit (x-ray next week to confirm). It's just one of the forages that she really likes and it does help her maintain weight. Though if its high in calcium - time for a rethink. Thanks

Just a quick question, Is readigrass considered a high calcium food?. Since she's started peeing pink Rosie has lost a little bit of weight. We're not sure if it's an infection or bladder sludge/grit (x-ray next week to confirm). It's just one of the forages that she really likes and it does help her maintain weight. Though if its high in calcium - time for a rethink. Thanks

Yes, readigrass is high calcium and should only be given occasionally as a treat

A few weeks ago, I bought some bags of Bunny Fresh Grass Hay from Zooplus. Made, as you would think, by the same people who make the Bunny pellets. This hay is beautiful and green, much greener than the Hay4Pets meadow hay that my pigs are currently eating. This new hay is very similar to Readigrass, only stalkier. I was going to replace the meadow hay with this at first, but then thought that perhaps it is too rich to be available permanently, so I just feed it at weekends. My piggies LOVE it!
In the picture, the Grass hay is on the left. You can see the difference in the colour. IMG_3999.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back