• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Ready To Introduce Them

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarnivalPiggy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ginny, Peppa and Porridge have been side by side in the cage for a day or so now I think. I've noticed no negative behaviour through the bars, lots of purring and (non threatening) wheeks. I'm planning to do it in the kitchen with only hay, pellets and veg. I've read all of the bonding threads I think. Does this sound good? I've done one bonding trio before (Ginny, Minja and Teddy) which went incredibly well up to the passing of both girls, rest in peace. I'm a bit unsure if I'm going too fast, I feel fairly happy about this but still wonder if a day by bars is enough.

I'd go for it. We bond straight off normally after quarantine period (if needed) Make sure you have a dustpan and brush handy for loud noise if it gets out of hand, I would expect all to go well though. Keep us updated and good luck!

Ginny, Peppa and Porridge have been side by side in the cage for a day or so now I think. I've noticed no negative behaviour through the bars, lots of purring and (non threatening) wheeks. I'm planning to do it in the kitchen with only hay, pellets and veg. I've read all of the bonding threads I think. Does this sound good? I've done one bonding trio before (Ginny, Minja and Teddy) which went incredibly well up to the passing of both girls, rest in peace. I'm a bit unsure if I'm going too fast, I feel fairly happy about this but still wonder if a day by bars is enough.

That sounds good. I would just use hay. Keep veg or grass at hand to diffuse a situation when tensions build up a bit much, but be aware that your piggies have to sort out who comes top (or agree to disagree on that score) before they have bonded enough to go to their newly done up cage. Ideally you want them to have a nap together and still be fine after they wake up before you transfer.

A guy came to the door for a parcel we took in while they were out. Girls are a bit frozen but they've calmed down a bit with the distraction I guess. Dreading parents coming home from shopping as we're gonna have to pile the kitchen up with shopping

There's a small chance I might have to move their intro to the bathroom, will this be disastrous as they're bonding?

So it's been nearly two hours. Bit concerned as Peppa seems to really like Ginny vice versa, but Porridge and Ginny are a bit on and off. She'll wheek at him angry, get in a tiny tussle and go off or he'll do the same. On the other hand, he'll try to rest beside her or she'll lick his coat before one of them grumbles off. Also uncertain as quite a bit of sneezing going on between them only now. I don't think it's an illness. Peppa sneezes a bit more when she's getting more stressed unless I'm misinterpreting

Hopefully it gets better, hasn't been long

Quick query - a minute ago Porridge was shaking her bottom and doing something that looked like she was angry popcorning. It's getting better, but I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this during an intro (mainly the angry/irritated) popcorning. Ginny does popcorn when he's frustrated though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back