• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Really Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fiszi

:( Sorry but I just need to vent. Everything seems to be going wrong and I can't talk to anyone about it.

I walked out of my job in May because I was being bullied. 2 girls there were threatening to beat me up and in the end I just could cope. The management were doing nothing so I'm in the process of taking them to a tribunal.

Then I got another job at an animal sanctuary and after about 6 weeks got sacked. It was the best job I've ever had. I even met a lovely guy there and things were going great between us. Then one day, totally out of the blue I got a letter telling me to attend a meeting the next day, where they sacked me for being 7 mins late back from my break one day. I hadn't even got in trouble about it on that day. The other reason I was given was because I appeared to not like my job even though I made it clear I loved it. I was even more gutted when a week or so later the guy I'd started seeing told me it was over because he felt there was no point as we hardly saw each other any more. :'(

I tried to survive on my savings while I looked for another job but it wasn't possible so I had to do what I was dreading - Sign on. Only I was then told I wasn't allowed benefits. I enquired about why that was and it turned out the sanctuary, when asked why I was sacked told them it was because I'd basically done something that gave the company no choice but to let me go.

I have no money coming in so I can't afford to do anything. I've had to move in with my nan and I feel terrible bacause she has to pay for my food, etc. I can't even top up my phone to call my friends. I can't go and see them because I can't afford to get there. I'm stuck in the house all day. I apply for so many jobs but because my 2 previous employers wont give me a good reference I'm not getting any. >:(

I had one offer last week. Then a day before I was due to start I got a virus which affects the lining of the brain and collapsed in the supermarket. :( The offer was withdrawn. Now I've had another offer for a job I really like the sound of. I start on Tuesday but again it's subject to references.

I'm sorry I've gone on so much. Just needed to get it off my chest.

Really sorry you are having such a bad time! Things can only get better, keep your chin up and good luck in getting another job!
Nik

Oh my lord! you really are having a bad time. I'm so sorry for you. There's nothing that anyone can say that will make you feel better but I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and I really hope things get better for you very soon ((((HUGS))))

SWEETHEART!

No one should have to go through what you have ......

The animal sanctuary thing really surprises me. Maybe they didnt approve of your relationship.
Do you have other people you can use as a reference?
Will the employers accept a character reference instead?

You have friends here so feel free to vent as often as you want. I'm thinking of you and sending positive thoughts your way.

Aww, you poor love. I really know what you're going through at the minute. OK, not jobwise, but hubby and I have got into really bad financial difficulty and are having to move back in with my parents for a while.

After about 6 weeks, benefits agency should review your claims - they penalised my brother too when he got sacked.

Hubby is working and we just about have enough money to get by, but it all adds up and actually makes sense for us to move. :)

Don't lose heart love, things will get better I'm sure. :) It's not a permanent thing so try and stay positive.
We're all here for you. That's what friends are for :)

Feel free to PM or email me

Kelly xx

I can sympathise with the reference situation, the same thing happened to my hubby a few years back, he was even losing new jobs for what we thought was no apparent good resason, until one day an employer that was friends with the boss who'd just sacked him let slip that it was because of a bad reference (untrue and vindictive)

And on another occasion he lost a job because his previous employer and I might add friend ruined his new job by giving him an excellent reference for 4 years but then refusing to give one for the previous 6 months and refusing to say why, hence the new employers were a bit worried and let him go.

Have you given the employers on Tuesday reference details yet?

how some people can live with themselves is beyond me, >:( it doesn't seem you did anything wrong and 7 minutes late is going over the top and not a valid reason to sack you, I remember many moons ago about 30 years, I had a great Saturday job in a flower shop but found another in a big (at the time) girls clothes shop ( who remembers Chelsea girl?) at the end of the first day they said that my previous boss had given me a bad reference something about never coming in etc and they didn't want me again, so I was jobless, my mum went mad and confronted Jack ( a woman) at the flower shop and she said well I shouldn't have left them, mum reported them, and told everyone what happened it soon got round, and not many months later they had to shut down. a case of what goes around comes around huh! ::)
so chin up we all have problems but they get sorted eventually, my 17 year old has just passed his driving test and is giving us grief he is trying to be a boy racer like his mates, but we are drumming in to him i dont want to be burying him, :'( but it is giving me real stress, no doubt my ulcer reappears, once you get talking everyone is having problems but they do eventually get sorted and it all happens for a reason maybe the right job for is just round the corner, so chin up and talk all you want, the girls on here got me through some really bad times , and I trust them ;)

Michelle, just an idea, friends of ours with pots of money bought their son a very fast sports car, although he was about 20 so slightly older but still a speed freak wannabe.... any way what they did was every couple of months they took him to a race track like you can buy the vouchers for in Argos like Brands Hatch, and for the day he sped around like a maniac in a controlled enviroment

Really helped apparently in controlling the need for speed :)

unfortunately liam has adhd which means anything like that would just increase his ideas of speed, plus living on the Isle of wight we're not near to anywhere like that, just found out he has damaged an engine mounting so the car we paid for might just give up on him, I am so cross >:( with him but he just says you're always moaning blar blar, anyone with teen boys you need good luck and plenty of patience, ? if you thought they were hard as babies you ain't seen nothing yet, Liams my 3rd son one more to go. and Josh is 13 in December then a daughter of 11 wonder if i live long enough to enjoy retirement lol give me pigs anytime ;D thanks for the idea though Bev,

I've only just seen this. You poor love, I'm so sorry this is happening to you. Have you tried going to the CAB and explain the situation to them? People can't survive on nothing! Maybe they could help? Big hugs xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back