• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Really Sad At The Thought Of No More Pigs.

piggie smitten

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, I recently lost my two beautiful 4 year old boys Bubble and Squeak within a few weeks of each other due to after first Bubs and then Squeak had an unexplained bout of bloat which they both seemed to recover from then took a sudden downturn after a couple of weeks. It still hurts so much but one day I would love to own piggies again as I know I gave them a good life and they were everything to me. My worry is that if they become ill how do I cope with syringe feeding and meds and full time work. Was off sick when syringe feeding Squeak every hour or so. I could probably get to come home in the middle of the day but would still mean about a 5 hour gap between feeds and would have to make the time up so would be home later still for the next feed. It just feels so devastating to think that I'll never be a piggy mum again. The house is just so empty without animals in it. Thanks for listening to me whinge!

Hello, I'm really sorry for your loss. May I ask what your work involves? Would it be possible to take any piggies in with you if they did become sick?

I know your worries, I've roped my mum into being a baby sitter for feeds, water etc. They're the only grandkids she'll ever get so... XD

Is there anyone you can force into slave labour too? :))

I know your worries, I've roped my mum into being a baby sitter for feeds, water etc. They're the only grandkids she'll ever get so... XD

Is there anyone you can force into slave labour too? :))

I think you mean grandpigs :)

Do you have and friends or family that could help?

Is there anyone on the forum that you could approach?

How about asking a local rescue to see if they know someone who could help?

A lot of vets will do that kind of in-house care if you ask them, although obviously it would be at a cost.

Hi all, sorry I've not replied. Not long been in from work so now you can see what I mean! I work in the Range in the pet department. There's no chance of taking them in with me unfortunately. I don't have any family at all apart from my mum who's 87 so she wouldn't be up to holding an uncooperative pig and trying to get a syringe in its mouth. All my friends have either got cats or dogs so probably not a good idea either. There's a Vets 4 Pets near my work (not that I've ever used them) but when I'm on an early shift I'm in before they open and when I'm on a late they're closed before I get out! There's no hope is there. :(

Back