• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rebonding? Just Curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

guineapigemily

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So just out of curiosity, could you re bond a pair that have already fought. For example my two guinea pigs sam and pip used to live together but after a fight (blood drawn) i seperated them (i think it was around march time?) and i was wondering would it be possible to bond them back together or not as they are both around 1 year and 6months? I am trying to find you g guinea pigs to bond with them again so they are no lonely :) but I'm not sure if that'll happen :( anyway back to the point could you actually do that? x

You can try, but don't get your hopes up too much!

Boars rarely go back together after a serious fall-out. Some will get as far as tolerating shared run or lawn time, but will still need their own territor to live in The majority will not get on because they have personalities that clash and they are both too dominant to share life and territory. Whether it works or not entirely depends on how well your boys personalities mesh and how bad their grudge is.

Here are tips for how to best stage a re-introduction: http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/faq-introducing-and-re-introducing-guinea-pigs.38562/

You can try, but don't get your hopes up too much!

Boars rarely go back together after a serious fall-out. Some will get as far as tolerating shared run or lawn time, but will still need their own territor to live in The majority will not get on because they have personalities that clash and they are both too dominant to share life and territory. Whether it works or not entirely depends on how well your boys personalities mesh and how bad their grudge is.

Here are tips for how to best stage a re-introduction: http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/faq-introducing-and-re-introducing-guinea-pigs.38562/
Ahhh okay. I may try when i have a few weeks off school or something. But as you said i wont get my hopes up. After all, i want them both not to get hurt :) thankss x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back