• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Recommendations Of Companies Who Make Fleece Cage Liners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mhairi

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Wondering if I could get recommendations for companies who make good fleece liners for cages. My 2 girls are on wood shavings at the moment but have just had a URI diagnosed in one of them, so keen to try alternative bedding for them. I am able to do a full clean twice a week on a Monday and a Friday so need ones that have good absorbent lining that will manage to contain the wee and smell of 2 guinea pigs for the (max) 4 days in between deep cleans. I will obviously do spot cleans every day. No idea on where is good to order from! Thanks.

I have just ordered two custom cage liners from Ziggy'sPiggies and they were affordable and I can't wait for them to arrive to replace all the towel and fleece washing by hand which is a pain in the butt because my mum does not like the idea of guinea pig urine in the washing machine.

Link: Ziggy's Piggies

Our liners came from Hammocky Hammocks and are lovely. I like the fact they support rescues. They did take quite a while to arrive however.

I would also recommend a horse wash bag from Amazon. These are brilliant for when you put the liners in the wash.

I've only ever ordered from Ziggies so can't compare with other suppliers but must reiterate the friendliness, good value and choice :tu:

I have made some. Really easy. Fleece, zorb, fleece. or Fleece, mattress protector, fleece. Well it is easyish. The main thing is getting it all lined up. I just measured the cage, cut out a piece of cardboard to fit and used it as a template to cut the fabric out from.

It is a bit of a faff sewing as I am doing it by hand as I dont yet know how to thread my sewing machine!

I have made some. Really easy. Fleece, zorb, fleece. or Fleece, mattress protector, fleece. Well it is easyish. The main thing is getting it all lined up. I just measured the cage, cut out a piece of cardboard to fit and used it as a template to cut the fabric out from.

It is a bit of a faff sewing as I am doing it by hand as I dont yet know how to thread my sewing machine!

Unfortunately I'm not very handy with a needle and thread!

Ziggys Piggies. Great professional fast service and liners are washing/wearing well so far. I've just bought some material to make my own and the cost of the fabric alone was more that she charges - very reasonable.

Ziggys piggies are fab! I've got cage liners, tunnels, cuddle cups and sleeping bags from her and they are great! X

What would you recommend I buy for 2 piggies as well as the cage liners eg cuddle cups, pigloo's etc? I have a 120x60 Ferplast cage with the raised feeding station. Would the guineas just sleep on top of the fleece eg inside their carrot house (although imagining that would be very messy on fleece!), or underneath the feeding station? They are given meadow hay to sleep on at moment.

What would you recommend I buy for 2 piggies as well as the cage liners eg cuddle cups, pigloo's etc? I have a 120x60 Ferplast cage with the raised feeding station. Would the guineas just sleep on top of the fleece eg inside their carrot house (although imagining that would be very messy on fleece!), or underneath the feeding station? They are given meadow hay to sleep on at moment.

I would really recommend pee pads (they are square patches of fleece with an absorbent layer in-between). These are so useful in my cage as my piggies are on fleece but have areas which they go to the loo in more frequently (under hideys etc) and I swap these pads every few days, which makes it nice and easy to clean but also cleaner for the piggies. Mine sometimes lie out in the open, but the majority of the time they like to sleep under things, I think they feel more secure.

A few more people who I have bought from and would recommend would be Just add pets, Stephs piggie paradise and Fleece cages (I bought tunnels and a fleece house from her which my pigs LOVE!). They all have fb pages :) x

I got mine from Pampered Piggies Boutique. They're lovely but a tad pricey. C and E Cosies seem a lot cheaper but I'm not sure what they're like

I got cosies and cuddle cups from Adelle, who is on this forum (minion fleece!) and Ziggies Piggies...cuddle cups, cosies, double cosies, cube, tunnels.

I'm not using cage liners...my C&C cage is almost 3 metres long. My machine would have a breakdown. I'm using inconti pads and fleece.

I've got some from Ziggy's piggies which are brilliant and have lasted upwards of 1 1/2 years now. I've got pigloo's and pigtops from piggiepigpigs - they are also lovely and I'm sure they sell cage liners too :-) They can definitely be made easily as my nan made a couple with fleece from Dunelm and some sort of liner running through the middle. Unfortunately my fleeces seem to be forever ending up getting lost or accidentally ending up in the bin :bye:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back