• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Recommendations On Good Bedding Suitable For Guinea Pigs And Gerbils From Zooplus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruby Inferno

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I recently bought a 120 cm cage from www.zooplus.co.uk and I think it's a really good site.

I'm looking for some good bedding (I use paper cat litter at the moment, not ideal) to buy from there, but zooplus have loads to choose from. Which would you recommend? I have gerbils and guinea pigs. so it would be convenient if they both used the same bedding.

Thanks!

Thanks, I have already looked at that thread but zooplus sell some beddings that are not listed there and I was wondering if anyone recommended any of them. Also most of the ones on the thread say it's best to spread hay on top of the bedding, and I'd rather not have to do that. :)

Hemp is a good bedding for gerbils as it does hold it's own and allow them to make great tunnels. I use hemp and hay with mine.

Tumblefresh I liked for guinea pigs and I think it is good for gerbils as I watched a video on YouTube and the owner liked tumblefresh more for her gerbils than megazorb and some excel bedding I have never seen! She liked the smell the way it holds tunnels very nicely for the gerbils so they do not collapse when they are digging them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back