• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Recurring bladder stones... when is euthanasia ok?

That’s good to know thank you, I’ll enquire about that next time. I have yes, it was the reason I jumped on this post to begin with just to ask how often people administer it :) I gave him 1ml today just to see how he’d tolerate it and he seems ok so I’ll carry on with it for a while and see how he goes :) x
I give 1 ml a day. Its mixes better if you prepare 3ml in a small pot and keep it n the fridge. Once you run out on the 3rd day, prepare the new batch straight after for the next 3 days

I have a guinea pig who we adopted when she was 3, who had a bladder stone when we got her. We decided surgery was too invasive and too expensive, so she has low calcium veg, grain free pellets and filtered water. we also manage her pain with metacam on days when it gets bad. She's been with us for over 2 years now and has no bladder related issues anymore. If your piggy isn't in pain this is something I'd consider x
This is interesting. Would love to know more as we can’t operate on Tommy another time

Hi everyone - I didn’t want to create a new thread so just adding to this one. Does anyone have any links to purchase shilintong, or renavive/Chanca Piedra in the UK? Can’t find any UK sellers

You're welcome :) it says on the pot to give one pinch 3 times a day, at the moment I'm just doing 1 though as that seems to be enough for him.
I’ve ordered and it’s coming tomorrow! I think I’ll mix the powder with water for easy syringe feeding.

Hi everyone - thank you for all your ongoing advice. I’ve attached images of his bladder stone xrays! We will be monitoring his pain for now as along with my vets advice, we do not think it’s fair to put Tommy through another surgery (this would be his 5th), when he is very likely to continue to develop these stones sadly. For now he is doing well on loxicom and cystaid to keep him comfortable! ❤️AD53D3C0-2D5F-4C16-ADC7-8C9896373567.jpegD1967125-58BB-45E9-9A74-1D1250CADB2E.jpeg

I'm so sorry, it's so hard having to go through this. We had 4 months with Bracken under similar circumstances. The vet and I agreed as long as we could control the pain and he was his usual happy self we would keep him going.
When I was going through this a member on the forum told me to remember he doesn't know he's ill. Try to make as many happy memories as you can to treasure forever. I am thinking of you both and hope you can have a while together yet.

Back