• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Recycling for guineas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Refurbishing at local school and i liberated some carboard carpet inner tubes from the skip. Just the job for some in door fun and free :)They want pounds for bits of tube in pet shops. Any one else got some recycling for guineas tips.

It was a wet day so brought boys in for some indoor play
DSC00276.jpg

DSC00274.jpg

I have hung the tubes up from the cage keeps them clean and adds a new dimension

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00271.jpg

Great idea Alex to hang them from the cage, i've been asking for the same tubes from our local carpet shops with no luck, might have to go skip hunting ;) ;D

I've just given them a cardboard box with holes cut out of it today, that went down great!

Something I recently tried for a c&c cage was bending a spare grid into and l shape and cable tying it to top of cage... putting a piece of correx on and sitting a cuddle cup on top of that. It makes a handly lookout platform they can use with no ramp needed and stops them peeing on the cuddle cup (as much!) also got a very small fecy cat tunnel and put that on one of the platforms which also went down well

Try at your local building site as they might have off cuts of plastic pipes, clean of course. My son is a builder in Ireland and we always come home with loads, the pigs really love them. Over there they also use them for the sewage pipes so they come in lots of different sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back