• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

red eye

cococookie

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
1CB39A5A-749E-4366-B227-BE6EDC25353A.jpeghi so coco has a tiny bit of redness around the top of her eye and i’ve noticed she is ‘blinking’ more in that eye. she is still herself tho and eating fine, but we are calling the vet on monday. should i be concerned? (sorry if you can’t see the picture well)

It’s good you’re getting her to the vet. Eyes are classed as an emergency and since treatment is the same for all animals, you can get her seen by a general vet.

It’s good you’re getting her to the vet. Eyes are classed as an emergency and since treatment is the same for all animals, you can get her seen by a general vet.
thanks for the reply, do you think monday will be ok to call the vet?

I would try any vet tomorrow. It may be minor but as said, eyes are classed as an emergency.

Well spotted and hopefully you can see a vet quickly.
Eyes can often be easily treated if the problem isn’t a serious one.
Hope everything is ok
Keep us posted

UPDATE: we rang the vets and they said to wait if the redness disappears by itself and it has. just going to keep an eye on her to see if the blinking carries on :)

Back