• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Red Lump On The Foot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelodyM

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Earlier when I cut my guinea pig's nails I noticed a red lump/sore on the side of his foot. I'm super worried and I would be really thankful if you have some knowledge that you can share with me.
I know guinea pigs can get sore feet if their nails aren't cut proper or if they don't have a smooth surface in the cage to walk on, but I'm really careful about these things. I honestly don't know what the cause is. He's healthy otherwise.

[/IMG]

Sorry if there's any bad grammar or if I misspelled anything. English is not my first language :)

Thank you xx

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
HI!

OUCH! Please have it seen by a vet; he can decide what exactly it is, but it may well need an antibiotic to prevent an infection getting into the leg.

It would be very helpful if you please added your country, state or (for the UK) your county, so we can tailor any advice and recommendations to what is available and possible where you are. We have members from all over the world. Click on your username on the top bar then go to personal details and scroll down to location.

We have got a piggy savvy UK vet locator on the top bar, but can provide a link to recommended vets in other countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.