Relaxing After Bath Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

guinea girl

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Today was bath day for my girlies...
Brioche (or Lady Brioche as we're calling her these days) loves being pampered and thoroughly enjoys a wash, trim and blow dry.
Pamplemousse however is a lot less keen on getting wet and has only just forgiven me after a lot of greens and cuddles! image.webpimage.webp image.webpimage.webp

Squeeee look how clean and squishy they are :D :love: Beautiful piggies, and I love the name Pamplemousse!

What lovely pictures! I bathed my 2 new boys yesterday in the bath, they weren't too bad but like you had to be bribed with veggies and cuddles lol.

Aw thanks guys! They really are cute when they're all fluffy and snuggled up in a warm towel :)

Did you do them both together? If so how do you get them both dry quick enough? I do mine one at a time and it takes forever to dry them because I worry about them being wet and cold.

I bath them one at a time - definitely too tricky to do both together :) and I agree they would both get cold. Finally found a method that works for my girls. I've found that the key to successful bath time is preparation - towels warming on radiator, everything to hand. I soap them up dry (well with the smallest amount of water) on a towel on my lap, then place them in an empty bath on a warm wet flannel for grip. My sink is right next to the bath so I fill it with warm water and gently pour jug fulls of warm water over them to rinse them. Then straight into warm towels. I abandoned using a hair dryer a while back as they got too scared :( so now we just have cuddles until they are dry enough to enjoy floor time :) any recommendations on good affordable shampoo would be really appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back