• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Removal Blankets - Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MunchMummy

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm very keen to start using fleece for my 2 boars and 2 sows and have been researching for some time to make sure I do it right!

I know there are a fair few posts about this but I'm still undecided so wanted to clarify a few things if possible!

My main question is about removal blankets. I've read plenty of things that say how great they are under fleece. However, I'm in the UK so can only seem to source ones that are "mixed textile" or "woven textile" - does anyone know exactly what that means and whether these are as good as the US Uhaul version (I know they're different!) Anyone got any experience with the UK ones?

Also, where do you recommend for buying fleece?

Thank you :)

I bought fleece on ebay. Sooo many different patterns.

Removal blankets here in the uk are useless. I bought a pack of 10! Luckily they make ok sofa covers for the dogs.

Ah...thank you for the heads up! I won't be buying any of those then! I'd seen the packs of 10 on ebay but thought it was worth checking first!

I haven't heard of removal blankets sorry

Fleece however I asked a question about it a few months ago when we switched, lots of recommendations here.. Fleece - Where To Buy Online Or High Street
I would advise not getting fleece that is too soft and fluffy. B&M do some great fleece blankets

In the UK cheap towels or toweling fabric make a good inner layer for fleece liners.
I know a lot of people also use cotton mattress protectors, which you can buy from most places that sell bedding.

I'm making my own pee pads for my piggies soon. I plan to use a couple of layers of towelling for the soaky up bit under the fleece as this is quite absorbent.

Brilliant. Thank you for all the advice. Think that will be the direction I go in too. Excited to see how my piggies react!

Bit of an update...

After buying some bargain fleece blankets from The Range, a pile of Zorb, lots of washing and some frankly painful sewing (seriously...I'm so bad at it!) my little family of piggies spent their first night in their fleeced-up new homes. And they're so happy! And wonderfully dry so far! Lots of poo removal needed this morning (they obviously got very excited about it all) but am so glad I made the swap from disposable stuff. Thanks everyone for your recommendations.

2017-06-01 20.08.56.jpg

lovely piggie.u haul blankets are made of denim,they do work very well.the uk version,just shrinks.Zorb,bamboo toweling,cotton toweling,mattress protectors,batting are used in uk cage liners.it is what suits you best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back