• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rescued Pigs of 2012 - post yours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hatty001.jpg
Hatty002.jpg

Hattie made the long journey from Walsall RSPCA to Cornwall in September 2012.
She spent the first few days snuggled in her "comfort" blanket.
Then..........she showed her true colours! Hattie is small in stature but huge in personality. She has a loud high pitched wheek which starts the moment I come through the door.
Hattie likes climbing and loves her stool - it quickly had to be moved to the centre of her C&C cage so she didn't climb over the sides to visit her 4 neighbours. She loves the company of her 4 sisters but does not want to live with them or share her food with them!
She is a much loved member of the household.

At the end of each year we post the pics of the pigs taken in by rescues throughout the year in one long thread. If you have homed from a rescue this year please post your piggie pics too so we can all share their happy ending.

It gives us a great way to celebrate the hard work of the rescues, forum members and this year the Piggy Bank UK members and rescues too.

Remember - pigs that have been taken in and/or rehomed through a rescue only please!

The first pigs of this year at the rescue were a whole pile of teddies. Here's Jasmine and Jade and all their babies - their rescue thread - http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?82178-Pregnant-Teddies

P1160052.JPG

P1280165.JPG

P2290128.JPG

So... let's see your rescued pigs of the year!

Suzy x

Ah Suzy...just taken another look at my gorgeous Carter and Coben...sigh...

They certainly were and are gorgeous piggies indeed! :))

Oh Suzy, you really do have the most gorgeous selection of piggies through your doors!

Dramatic births, very young mums.

8 females came in due to mis-sexing and breeding.

4 proved to be pregnant, and their stories were some of the most dramatic of the year.

Non-pregnant, phew! 3 very young girls.
P4090110.JPG

Not pregnant, Aunty.
P4090116.JPG

KatiePig
Gave birth at 14-16 weeks old; single baby, male; emergency vet needed for delivery, mum very lucky to survive pneumonia and the birth. Baby partly handreared. Scarring to lung tissue caused Katie complications at 6 months old, despite a huge effort to save her she sadly died from the URI.

Pictured with her son Baby Gareth at 11 days old.
P4090099.JPG

Renata with babies Delphi & Pascal.
Gave birth at 16-18 weeks old; 2 babies, 1 male, 1 female; normal delivery. No complications.
P4090015.JPG

Magdalena with babies Albie & Dori
Gave birth at 16-18 weeks old; 2 babies, 1 male, 1 female; normal delivery. Mum extremely poorly after the birth, 2 weeks intensive care, babies handreared.
P5070155.JPG

Jessica with babies Krystal & baby male.
Gave birth at 26-36 weeks old; 2 babies, 1 male, 1 female; normal delivery, no complications.
P5240047.JPG

Magdalena while pregnant
529149_328280487234574_97849170_n.jpg

For the full story please see this thread - lots of pics and lots of drama!
http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?86833-Pregnant-newbies

Suzy x

Sally was our first adoptee from Walsall RSPCA back in February:

piggysJune2012005.jpg

We hoped she would live in the herd but sadly fought with Amelia, top piggy so we opted to take her sow dating.
Sally immediately fell in love with Tilly Tattybum and Winnie -Woo so we came home with two little buddies for her:

Tilly upstairs, Winnie - Woo downstairs in their playhouse:

piggysJune2012003.jpg

They are incredibly close and are never far away from each other, there is no heirarchy just a wonderful bond :))

Mr Tetley Teapot -

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?82820-Yet-another-stray-piggy

IMGP2638.jpg

IMGP2680.jpg

IMGP2566.jpg

Tetley came to me in early February from Paula who foster cares boars for BARC. This thread above was posted when Paula had taken him in after he had been roaming around in -7c!

He now lives with me and my two girls, Muffin and Baby. He has such a lovely personality, he is nosy lifting his nose to the bars to see whats going on and so full of life, popcorning around and squeaking to himself at the slightest food/bag scrunching sounds. He is so relaxed and calm when handling, he will just lay for hours and loves a chin rub. He has brought out another (naughty!) side of my youngest sow baby who previous to his arrival was very shy and slightly skittish, she is now has big personality like he has!

IMG_0672.jpg

SAM_0053.jpg

Big thank you to Paula for letting me be his second mummy :)

Last edited:
Jessie was rescued from ashely heath rspca after her being over bread and all her babies dying, no one wanted her so i new i would take her on. i paired her with max my neutered male until i also got lily.they got along perfectly, sadly Jessie past away not that long ago but i felt it was right to mention her .
maxscupcake009.jpg

FB2078.jpg

FB2079.jpg

April Arrivals

Guy arrived with his brother - the unwanted results of a petshop pregnancy. He now lives with forum member Abby and her growing piggy family.

P4190052.JPG

Brock

P4190055.JPG

Perry & Wriggles, unwanted pets, 2 yrs.

P4130029.JPG

Jonson, 12 months,

P4150034.JPG

Another load of teddies came in to the rescue once I had space for them.

Tommo and Vincent, they were split up very soon after arrival as it was obvious that Tommo was being a relentless bully. Second pic shows the injuries inflicted, including his badly ripped ears.

P4200073.JPG

P4200067.JPG

Leon & Lance

P5060140.JPG

Dickens

P5200213.JPG

Suzy x

More April arrivals

Joey

P5200211.JPG

Pepperdog's Tyrian & Lupin (rescue names Callum & Ethan) from the 285 rescue.

P4230085.JPG

A sad little thing turned up at very short notice - a teenager had moved out of his flat, left his pig, went back occasionally (not) to feed and clean it out. Uncle got fed up of dealing with it instead, he told the local feed supplier who just grabbed it and brought the poor thing to me. The level of filth in her cage, lack of food and rancid water bottle told me this poor creature had never known love.

I expected her to pass away, but this sad, odd looking pig was tougher than that and grabbed her chance at life and never let go!

Amanda's Maggie Maggot.

P4260096.JPG

Marcus & Bruno - dumped in a rabbit run in someone's garden.

P5080173.JPG

Once the family where Marcus and Bruno were dumped realised that I would take pigs in they decided to bring in their own pigs too!

Arran & Arno

P5080170.JPG

Lily (rescue name Cow-Bag, well earned!).

P5200221.JPG

Suzy x

A sad little thing turned up at very short notice - a teenager had moved out of his flat, left his pig, went back occasionally (not) to feed and clean it out. Uncle got fed up of dealing with it instead, he told the local feed supplier who just grabbed it and brought the poor thing to me. The level of filth in her cage, lack of food and rancid water bottle told me this poor creature had never known love.

I expected her to pass away, but this sad, odd looking pig was tougher than that and grabbed her chance at life and never let go!

Amanda's Maggie Maggot.

P4260096.JPG

Amazing what some TLC and decent food can do :))

228589_509225032425826_1831744472_n.jpg

Oh she is such a gorgeous looking piggy! Can I ask has she recovered from her ordeal?

Oh she is such a gorgeous looking piggy! Can I ask has she recovered from her ordeal?

She is completely fine and totally wonderful! She was unwell this year, mystery illness that caused abscesses to form on and around her vocal cords but she's completely recovered from that too. She's a strong willed, bloody minded little pig :))

Oh and a master escapologist (kind of...I can't leave the cage door open any more after catching her going for a wander and helping herself to a midnight feast!)

IMG_1372.jpg

Vincent (on the left) from NEGPR, kindly fostered by Dave. He arrived home with us yesterday! Not a smooth bonding as the photo suggests :P This was the first 10 minutes in. They both like to wear trousers it seems but as soon as the other makes gentle happy noises the other is immediately attracted. Shame they can't get closer than 5 inches without a snort and a chase! Time will tell but Leeland is obviously more happy despite a little bully treatment. Hoping Vincent can pull out the charm and win her over :)

May - sad, sad tales

May saw some very sad stories at the rescue.

These two poor boys were saved and brought to the rescue by one of my piggy mummies. They had been a child's pet, given to her school as she was 'allergic' to them, and left to get on with it running loose in the school quad for 18 months, a dilapidated hutch for shelter and 2 rabbits to contend with. They were infested with mites, lots of old bite wounds from the rabbits and were utterly wild. Their forum thread - http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?89983-2-neglected-piggies-new-arrivals

558503_420426868019935_1363032186_n.jpg

Three guinea pigs were dumped at a rabbit rescue, on the doorstep in boxes with rabbits. Although they were dumped separately, the rescue for some unfathomable reason, brought them over to me in the same carrier - this led to one of the most heartbreaking and stressful time here at the rescue.

Phoebe
P5270054.JPG

Cole
P5270062.JPG

Merrick
P5270055.JPG

This thread charts their time in the rescue - many pics are missing it seems, I'm not sure why, but their stories are there.

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?90437-3-more-dumped-piggies

Suzy x

We need up to date photos of merrick, his husboar and their smiley faces drool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back