Rest In Peace Matthew X X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
As a few people on here know, I sadly lost Matthew yesterday. I am utterly gutted and I would like to make a tribute to him on here.

I first saw Matthew when I went to Wood Green, Heydon looking for a friend for Romano. Looking around the guinea pigs, I stepped into a room with a mix of guinea pigs. My goal was to find an older teddy boar for Romano to bond with. As I was looking, I heard this squeaking and a beautiful little guinea pig with ginger and white markings following me up and down the building in his five foot long cage. Realising what he was doing, I had a look at the little guy and immediately fell in love. I asked them information about him and was told he was newly in and not yet up for adoption. He was exactly what I was looking for in a guinea pig, older, roughly around Romano's age and such a little character. I gave them my information and once Matthew was ready to be put up for adoption I was allowed to bring Romano to test with him.

This is the moment he first met Romano - Romano is under the tunnel on the right. They ended up bonding straight away with no humping at all!

I bought the two home on 7/1/2013 and they became quick fast friends.

He had SO much personality and tons of health issues. I was determined to give him a loving home and Romano and he were unseperable.

I have never had a guinea pig with SO much stubborn personality. If he wanted to do something and you didn't want him to, he would kick and fuss until he got what he wanted. He was the leader of the two - though the submissive of the pairing- and would lead Romano into a lot of trouble. He helped Romano come out of his shell and become a much more loving guinea pig.

Sadly on 26th of April at 5am when I went to give them some vegetables, I noticed only three out of four piggies were chewing the bars. Matthew slowly came out and his eyes were goopy and sunken, he was puffy and as hard as he tried to eat a piece of pepper, it all came out of his throat mushed up. He was drooling nonstop and just not right. I phoned Karen, a friend great with guinea pigs at 6.30am and she gave some great advice I followed. By 8am I was at my emergency vet and then I bought him home. I kept feeding him critical care and constantly checking on him. Sadly by 7.55pm roughly he slumped forward off of the heat pad he was sitting on and I took him out. As I picked him up and placed him in my arms, I noticed he had trouble holding his head upright and it started to flop to the side. I gently helped him hold it up, but his body slowly went limp and he passed away in my arms.

I miss him so much. He was so full of personality.

RIP Matthew, you will be dearly missed by me, Romano and you had such a fanclub too.

Sleep well my beautiful boy. I love you so much and I will miss you. x

34 by Julesie_g, on Flickr
megane by Julesie_g, on Flickr

Matthewchew by Julesie_g, on Flickr

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Aww, no :( I'm so so sorry, how awful :(

This is a lovely tribute too him!
RIP Matthew, enjoy the bridge x
Thank you so much.

I'm glad the tribute was good. He deserves a good one.
I just hope he has met Gilbert and Ludwig up there and they are happy. :)

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Oh Julesie this is so very sad! At least you gave adorable Matthew the best care you could with his health issues so that he had a lovely time of it.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh Julesie this is so very sad! At least you gave adorable Matthew the best care you could with his health issues so that he had a lovely time of it.
Thank you so much Lilly *hugs*
I really did. He had them nonstop but it was nothing too major so I helped him as soon as I spotted them. I'm just sad I wasn't able to help with this one. I never knew Oral Thrush would kill him. It was so sudden. :(

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear you lost th beautiful Matthew! *hugs* sleep tight gorgeous little man and popcorn free x x

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
Oh Julesie I am so sorry you lost your special little man! :( He had a wonderful life with you and his buddy Romano and a lovely tribute in his honour.

Popcorn free gorgeous boy xx

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. Such a lovely tribute Julie to a hugely popular forum piggy, he was utterly beautiful and so full of character.. I always enjoyed seeing his photo's. You did absolutely everything you could have done, sometimes no matter what we do we can't save them. He had such a wonderful life and was truly adored and cherished by you. Massive hugs x

Sleep well handsome boy

RIP Matthew
x x

helen105281

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
A lovely tribute for a very special boy. Sleep tight Matthew.

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I am ever so sorry that your gorgeous boy has had to leave for the Rainbow Bridge; sadly, there is not a lot you can do when their time has come. :(

Matthew sounds like he was a typical teddy boy, and he will always have a special place in yours and Romano's heart and our fond memories.

RIP Matthew

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear you lost th beautiful Matthew! *hugs* sleep tight gorgeous little man and popcorn free x x
Thank you so much. I really appreciate it x

Oh Julesie I am so sorry you lost your special little man! :( He had a wonderful life with you and his buddy Romano and a lovely tribute in his honour.

Popcorn free gorgeous boy xx
Thank you so much x
Yeah I'm really glad I got a chance to own him and Romano got to have such a good friend. He'd had such bad luck in the past that Matthew was the perfect angel he needed.

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So sorry for your loss x
Thank you so much x
I am so sorry for your loss. Such a lovely tribute Julie to a hugely popular forum piggy, he was utterly beautiful and so full of character.. I always enjoyed seeing his photo's. You did absolutely everything you could have done, sometimes no matter what we do we can't save them. He had such a wonderful life and was truly adored and cherished by you. Massive hugs x

Sleep well handsome boy

RIP Matthew
x x
Thank you so much x
He really was a popular piggie, even my friends and family loved Matthew, some of which had not known the love of piggies and fell for his charms. I'm glad he was so loved and he had a good life with both Romano and i. I have no regrets of everything I did for him, I just wish I had been able to help him pass this illness.
Thank you again *hug*

What a beautiful tribute. RIP Matthew x
Thank you so much x

I'm so sorry for your loss. Beautiful tribute.
Xx
Thank you so much x

Status
Not open for further replies.