• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Revival attempts and sensitive tummys

HannahsHerd

New Born Pup
Reaction score
One of my herd, Toby, passed yesterday. It’s been very devastating for us all. When I put Toby in the enclosure to let the rest of the herd say their goodbyes, similarly to this post,
I Have Just Found One Of My Guinea Pigs Dead :(
One of my pigs started to nibble and attempt to revive Toby. Should I be concerned about her little tummy? I know Guinea pigs have very sensitive digestive tracts. She has been eating since then but should I still be concerned? I’ve scheduled a check up for both my surviving pigs but the closest appointment isn’t until july 3rd.

One of my herd, Toby, passed yesterday. It’s been very devastating for us all. When I put Toby in the enclosure to let the rest of the herd say their goodbyes, similarly to this post,
I Have Just Found One Of My Guinea Pigs Dead :(
One of my pigs started to nibble and attempt to revive Toby. Should I be concerned about her little tummy? I know Guinea pigs have very sensitive digestive tracts. She has been eating since then but should I still be concerned? I’ve scheduled a check up for both my surviving pigs but the closest appointment isn’t until july 3rd.

I am very sorry for your loss! A sudden death can throw piggy companions as much as any loving human owner.
Looking After a Bereaved Guinea Pig
Human Bereavement: Grieving, Coping and Support Links for Guinea Pig Owners and Their Children

No, you do not need to worry about the tummy; especially as she has only been nibbling but not actually eating - there has simply nothing arrived down there that could cause an upset in the first place!

Keep an eye on your two remaining girls in case the stress of the loss lowers the immune system and see your vet sooner if there is real concern for their health. Hopefully, having each other for companion, they will be OK.

I am very sorry for your loss.
Sending love and positive vibes to you and your herd.

I am very sorry for your loss! A sudden death can throw piggy companions as much as any loving human owner.
Looking After a Bereaved Guinea Pig
Human Bereavement: Grieving, Coping and Support Links for Guinea Pig Owners and Their Children

No, you do not need to worry about the tummy; especially as she has only been nibbling but not actually eating - there has simply nothing arrived down there that could cause an upset in the first place!

Keep an eye on your two remaining girls in case the stress of the loss lowers the immune system and see your vet sooner if there is real concern for their health. Hopefully, having each other for companion, they will be OK.

Thank you very much this is really helpful! I’ve been frantically looking for answers but the vet refuses to say anything over the phone and I can’t get in before my appointment. Youtube is only helpful to an extent and people I reached out to directly gave me non-answers. Such a relief thank you so much.

Back