• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Rik-Griffen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

I just got back from pets at home with yes you guessed it my new pig i just couldnt wait till next weekend i looked into the pen and there was about 9 guineas (boars!) and my lil sis said look at that fluffy one i couldnt see it but the women tipped the house over and out ran this 7 week old white and ginger aby! hes GORGEOUS! i didnt look at any other i bought him there and then i only went into the shop for a water bottle and rabbit food! his name is Rik-Griffen but we're calling him Griffen becasue my sis loves harry potter and she wasnt allowed a say in any of the other pigs name i wanted to call him abby but my sis also called abby wouldnt let me i showed him to Zubin and he popcorned! the first pop in nearly three months and he wheeked! I'm so happy and i cant wait to see if they get on their in sepearte cages at the moment Griff is so cute hes tiny but hes dead friendly i put him in his cage and he wheeked to come out and then popcorned all over my bed hes a fab piggie! heres the first pics of him

rtik2.jpg

rik.jpg

rik4.jpg

does anyone elso have abys could u give me some advise on grooming when do i do it? i have never had such a beautiful breed before x

I no hes so cute and he loves his new friend Zubin we introduced them on neutral teritory (my sisters room) and they had so much fun sniffing and poping hehe x

There was a little rumble struting on Zubins side but yeh they seem ok i will let them have a run tomoro in my garden ill watch them though x

Sounds like they will be fine.. Zubin will just do his rumbling for a while just to check that little Griffen is no threat and that he is a boy! Tonic did that with Guinea at first.. only lasted a day - well now and again through-out the day! LOL

He's lovely. Cool name. But i think I will think of him as Ric rather than Griff for obvious Holby reasons!

Congratulations! He is gorgeous!

I have 3 aby's, their coats are really easy to take care of. You have a piggy comb or brush don't you? Well just brush him gently every couple of days. I usually do it every other day. Also two of my Abys (Scooby and Scrumpy) have hair that grows very long downwards by their rump, down to the ground and will get messy and tangled if it's not trimmed. So if he ever gets long hair down by the rump that is getting matted and dirty, just give it a little trim.

They are a gorgeous breed, aren't they! :D

Zubins now moved onto humping rather than rumbiling but Griff the Quiff as hes name been nicknamed doesnt mind he just eats his cucumber and lets Zubin get on with it hehe i think they will be ok too I'm a little worried as Griffin is very bony so I'm just feeding him a bowl twice a day and keeping an eye on his weight x

sounds just like Tonic, fancied a bit of bum fun for a bit! LOL..

Sounds like you're doing fine with little Griff - at this point though, cos he seems a bit bony, don't give him too much cucumber as that is more-or-less 100% water and it wont be giving him enough to put a bit of fat on him! :)

Cool will do hes getting on really well with Zubin now Zubin is rubbleing a little but no serious feirce teeth chattering or anything so I'm staying hopeful x

Thats good.. Tonic doesnt do any rumbling any more with Guinea.. just took him a while to get it out of his system! LOL

Re: Griffen!

Yeh, Do you have any advice for me as to when its best for them to be put in the cage together i no not for a while but i never really knew with rudi so that could have been why they where always fighting and do i need to scrub the sent out of Zubins cage first so its as neutral as possible i really hope they can be cage mates by easter or is that pushing it a bit i looked at my book and it didnt really help me :S x

There's no need to wait.
The best thing I find is that if you clean out the cage then put them both in together straight away after.. There will be some rumbling and maybe a bit of teeth chattering but that's all it should be.. Just keep an eye on them for a bit..

Kelly xx

Oh thats great! hehe there in a big box at the mo circerling i think Zubin is gettin annoyed when baby griff burys under his chest hehe ill clean the cage out on sat as planned then ill leave them in for an hour increasing the time each day until there in there over night do you think thats ok?

Guinea does that to Tonic too! Think you should put them in together and just leave them to it.. Taking him out again, wont get either of them used to being together and sharing a cage.. Just go and check that they are ok together thats all.

At first Tonic bonked and jumped on Guinea for the first couple of hours.. there was quite a bit of noise and also some smell! But they were ok and settled right down!

Yes there diffinatly is a smell lol its like well its horrible! Are both your boys sexually mature because I'm worried they'll fight once Griffen grows up? sorry if I'm asking loads of questions i just want to make sure i get it right I'm very paranoid after losing Rudi Ill put them together friday then cos its my 'Study :p day' hehe oh I'm excited now thanks for your help your a star! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back