• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ringworm Treatment/advice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigpigpiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello!
I recently rescued two baby sows which I hoped to introduce to my two existing girls. Unfortunately they were diagnosed with ringworm and I have been treating them with Imaverol (applying the solution directly onto the affected areas daily as directed by the vet) for almost 3 weeks now, they are looking better and the hair is almost completely grown back. I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience with ringworm and could tell me how long I should continue using the Imaverol as the vet wasn't very specific? When would be suitable to try and introduce them to the others and are there any precautions I need to take? Thankyou x

I only had to do 3 dips to be honest, rather than use on affected area's only. Because of the spores I took all the advice I could get and disinfected everything, used gloves and aprons etc. I would have thought 3 weeks would have been long enough as long as you cleaned everything else on a regular basis so it doesn't re-infect, however I would clarify by calling your vet and asking them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back