• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ringworm?

somersetpigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all. We have recently bought our first two guinea pigs. We love them already but unfortunately it looks like one may have come to us with ringworm. We have emailed the vet and are waiting for a response but would be interested in getting your thoughts. Does this look like ringworm to you? Or mites? Or something else?! Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG-20200614-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20200614-WA0002.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 11

somersetpigs

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Yes, it's really useful. From looking at the pics there I wasn't sure if it our girl's patch quite looked the same 🤔.

LMPigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It could be ringworm, mites, or something else entirely - only the vet can examine her and give you a diagnosis. With Covid different vets are taking different approaches about appointments but since this is non routine and really needs to be seen in person to diagnose, I would think you should be able to get her seen (I'm assuming from the username you are in the UK here).

In the meantime, I would follow the hygiene protocols in the guide in case it is something fungal.

Let us know how you get on.