• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

RIP Heulwen

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
IMG_9233_edited-1.JPG

My old lady Heulwen 'Sunshine' has sadly made her way to the Rainbow Bridge on Saturday morning, passing away in my arms after falling over. She'd been hanging onto life by sheer power of will for the last week after old age had caught up with her big time.

Heulwen was my resident chirper.

She was a dainty, rather timid girl that sailed very much in the shadow of her more forceful younger sister Hedydd; but the two of them shared a firm bond that has held their whole life.
IMG_9471_edited-2.jpg

Unlike her sister, Heulwen spent the first three months of her life in constant fear, sticking close to her nonstop pregnant mother before their rescue from a 'cat's takeaway' backyard hoarding situation when Hedydd was still just a nursing baby. That has impacted especially on Heulwen taking longer to gain in confidence with other piggies and settle into a safe pet life compared to Hedydd.
IMG_5656_edited-1.JPG IMG_2343_edited-1.jpg DSCN0855_edited-1.jpg

Considering their horrible background, I never expected both sisters to live that long when I adopted them from Glynneath Guinea Pig Rescue in South Wales as playmates for my baby Tegan at the end of 2011.

With the Tribe in 2013
IMG_7016_edited-1.jpg

With Maelog and the ginger girls after the Tribe split in 2014
IMG_2657_edited-1.jpg

With Helygen and Maelog's successor Pioden in 2018
IMG_5141_edited-1.jpg

In the old ladies group with their several times bereaved playmate Tegan in May

IMG_9602_edited-1.jpg

I did celebrate Heulwen's 8th birthday last weekend when old age started to catch up with her big time with a last outing to the lawn while she could still enjoy it.

Hedydd and Tegan (and I, of course!) are missing their sister and friend very much after all those years. Tegan has been assiduously snuggling up with Heulwen over the last few weeks.

IMG_7499_edited-1.jpg

So so sorry for your loss. The fact that she lived to see her 8th birthday is testament to your love and dedication. She looks like she had an amazing life with you and your tribe.
Such lovely pictures of a beautiful piggy.
Sleep tight little Henlwen.xx

This is so sad :( I’m sorry for your loss, the tribute to her was lovely. No wonder she was a happy little chirper, coming from such a bad background to a piggy paradise such as your tribe! She’s such a gorgeous piggy and she will be dearly missed I’m sure.
Popcorn free, Heulwen!

So sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl.

She was a grand old age and that really is a testament to your care. I know that you and the herd will miss her dearly. Take comfort in the fact she had an amazing life with you.

Rip Heulwen xx

I am so sorry for the loss of your beautiful girl 😢 But 8 is an amazing age and you should feel very proud of yourself.

Sleep tight beautiful girl. Watch over your mummy and sister as they will miss you very much xx

What a lovely tribute to your beautiful girl. She looks so happy in photos and was obviously greatly loved by you and her friends.
RIP little one.💕🌈🐾

I am so sorry to hear you have lost your very special old lady. Sending you hugs.
Run free over the Rainbow Bridge sweet Heulwen. X

So sorry for your loss 😭😭😭😭 all we know is that she's in your heart forever, she's always with you 🙂

RIP Heulwen
I’m so sorry for your loss Wiebke
A beautiful tribute for a very special piggie

Aww I'm really sorry for your loss Wiebke, she was a beautiful piggie with such a beautiful name.
Sending you loads of hugs.

Popcorn free Heulwen x

I doubt that this gorgeous girl could have had a better and happier home. I’m always sorry when a piggy passes to the Bridge but it’s very special that she made it to such a grand age before she made her final journey. That’s all down to you, dear @Wiebke. Hugs xx

Back