Rip Oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

dancegal

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was so shocked to hear that oscar was PTS on Friday. It is so hard and hit me harder then i thought considering i rehomed back in 2013. Such a shame had the problems that he did as was only 2 years old.

RIP Oscar, Be free at the Rainbow bridge. You will always be my special little boy. Even though you were loved in your new home. I am sorry i had to give you up :bye:

I was very upset to hear about little Oscar :(
Knowing how much he was loved by you then also his new parents.
Run free at the bridge Oscar :eek:

Sorry to hear that. Big hugs to you.
Oscar popcorn free at the bridge..

I was ever so sorry when I heard of Oscar's passing from my friend. We are all most upset!

Sadly, it was the right decision for him under the circumstances after his problem had returned worse than before despite the great effort and care that he had received the first time round and that have bought him several more happy and comfortable months of life. The necrotic tissue had sadly spread much further beneath the skin into his body than expected this time round. It has come as a real shock for everybody as he was looking to be responding well to his meds. :(

Oscar had been doted upon not just by his new family, but also his vet, so making this decision was very hard for everybody involved. He is very much missed. I am sure that his new mummy will post in her own time, but right now she is too heart-broken to do so.

I will always treasure Oscar's visit to the Tribe to see how he would get on meeting any of my spayed sows in order to determine whether it would be worth putting him through a neutering op or not (he pretty much ignored them all) after he had failed to show any interest in having a boarmate during a rescue date.

Oscar was one of those very rare, but very personable and affectionate people piggies, and he was certainly the most well looked after, indulged and happy piggy that I have ever met!

Sleep tight, Oscar!

I am so sorry top read this, and so sorry for your loss, he will stay in your heart forever.

Sleep well little one

RIP Oscar
x x

I was ever so sorry when I heard of Oscar's passing from my friend. We are all most upset!

Sadly, it was the right decision for him under the circumstances after his problem had returned worse than before despite the great effort and care that he had received the first time round and that have bought him several more happy and comfortable months of life. The necrotic tissue had sadly spread much further beneath the skin into his body than expected this time round. It has come as a real shock for everybody as he was looking to be responding well to his meds. :(

Oscar had been doted upon not just by his new family, but also his vet, so making this decision was very hard for everybody involved. He is very much missed. I am sure that his new mummy will post in her own time, but right now she is too heart-broken to do so.

I will always treasure Oscar's visit to the Tribe to see how he would get on meeting any of my spayed sows in order to determine whether it would be worth putting him through a neutering op or not (he pretty much ignored them all) after he had failed to show any interest in having a boarmate during a rescue date.

Oscar was one of those very rare, but very personable and affectionate people piggies, and he was certainly the most well looked after, indulged and happy piggy that I have ever met!

Sleep tight, Oscar!

I know is very hard for them, as he was thier guinea pig. But is also hard for me to, as was very unexpected as last time i heard he was responding well to treatment, It broke my heart to hear him go through all of that and just feel helpless. i do wonder if there was something underlying that i did not spot, and is now going to haunt me forever knowing that something was potentially wrong as gave him the very best that i could, and i know they did the same aswell.

I know he was very much loved and one of the best and most loving guinea pigs i have had and will always be special to me, Just wish i did not have to give him up and will have to live with the regret everyday, I still do

I know is very hard for them, as he was thier guinea pig. But is also hard for me to, as was very unexpected as last time i heard he was responding well to treatment, It broke my heart to hear him go through all of that and just feel helpless. i do wonder if there was something underlying that i did not spot, and is now going to haunt me forever knowing that something was potentially wrong as gave him the very best that i could, and i know they did the same aswell.

I know he was very much loved and one of the best and most loving guinea pigs i have had and will always be special to me, Just wish i did not have to give him up and will have to live with the regret everyday, I still do

It has taken everybody by surprise! :( The ultimate deterioration was very sudden and quick; it happened within a few hours. Oscar was put under for surgery as soon as possible, and the sheer extent of the damage has come as a huge shock to everybody. :(

Sadly, nobody can ever know how and when the bug got into his body; Sue is going through the same soul-searching as you in that respect! Feelings of guilt and having failed a beloved pet are an integral part of the grieving process that every loving and caring owner has to go through.

What has happened is just one of those things that you have to book under "cosmic bad luck" - it is not something that anybody could have prevented or foreseen. You can only treat as best as possible and appropriate under the circumstances - and Oscar had that; things looked very much like they had been gotten on top of and were gone, and then well under control and seemingly healing again when it came back, with very frequent vet checks. :(

We all wish our piggies a long life, but it is not always possible. But we can always try to give our piggies as happy a life as possible, and Oscar has certainly had that! What is important is not the length, but the quality of life.

You never stop loving or caring for a piggy, even after you have given it up, so it can be happy and is well looked after when you can for whatever reason no longer cover its needs. Giving up a piggy is sometimes the only - and greatest - gift we can give piggies of our own; but like pts (and in some ways very similar to that when it comes to the emotional side!), it is also the most heart-breaking gift you can make, as letting a piggy go out of your hands is a final gesture and it is no less painful. I have always much respected you for putting the wellbeing of your piggies before your own desires and needs. I wanted to reassure you that whatever has happened, Oscar has received the necessary care and lots of love at all times. Neither you nor Sue have failed Oscar in any way.
Having had to find a new setting for my Caron after I failed to find a new solution for her with one my groups, I fully understand what you are going through. Caron died a few weeks ago after living at a good friend's with a group that were not as bothered by her ASBO tendencies as mine for a similar length of time as Oscar. I have in effect grieved for her twice, once she left here (and despite of me being able to visit her occasionally) and again after she had passed away. But in view of how happy she has been in the meantime, I know that I have done the right thing for her.

What I said was in no way derogatory of you and your own feelings, it was just to clarify some points. Tragedies like this one leave everybody very raw and upset. ;)

I'm so sorry for the loss of your little boy, popcorn free at the Rainbow Bridge Oscar (((Hugs))) x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back