• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Rodentology Course anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

cavykind

A good few years ago I sent of for the first part of the CCCT rodentology course, but due pressures of work (nursing) and the ill health of a depedant family member...I never took it further :-\

It's something I'd love to do and may have another go at sometime in the future.

Anyone else doing the course?

Billies Mum said:
Id love to do it :)

The more the better isn't it. It's a 3 or 4 hour drive to my nearest rodentologist :(
I just wish the CCT was closer, it's travelling down there for lectures/exams etc that is the problem for me.

I know I wouldn't have a problem with the theory.

I dont even drive

The last time I went there from home was a 5 hour round trip

I'm not sure what I was expecting but it was actually Vedras home that I ended up at

It is something I have been thinking about - the CCT is a couple of hours away from me and whilst my vet is very good, they are more for cats and dogs than piggys. I would love to know more so I can do more for them - not that replace a vet - oh you know what I mean!
Finances mean I can't do it at the moment but it is on the new years resolution list!

I've put my name down on the waiting list for a residential 8) Hope there isn't too much of a waiting list...

do you have to have any special abilities or qualifications to start the course?

A certain number of GCSEs above C, or NVQs, or Degrees or anything like that? Or can anyone start it?

How much does it cost? Do you have to attend lectures or is it available online, sort of like open University?

Its £75 per part (3 parts)

You have to pay £15 fee to for joining. You can pay the £75 at the start of each part of the course.

You need to be over the age of 16 - doesn't matter about GCSEs or anything!

and the courses are being held in Cambridgeshire, I assume? and there is no online course or anything like that?

I started it a year and a half ago but I am still on part one. I keep waiting until I have more time to study but that time never comes ;D

Abnoba said:
and the courses are being held in Cambridgeshire, I assume? and there is no online course or anything like that?

I believe so. When I started there were going to be talk, exams etc held quite local to me, but it never happened. If it were nearer, I re-register tomorrow, but it's so difficult travelling :(

yeah i was thinking of doing the course but i can't get down to cambridgeshire.

I would love to do the course though.

I started the course about 2 years ago but life got in the way and I never got past module 7. Plus I can't get to the lectures or the workshops and, at the moment, I can't afford the annual fee.
Its fascinating though and I would recommend it to anyone who can do it. its a correspondance course so you can do it in your own time.
the nearest rodentologist to me is in Hastings which is an hours drive away. We desperately need more.

What is the website for this course please?

DebbieR said:
I started the course about 2 years ago but life got in the way and I never got past module 7. Plus I can't get to the lectures or the workshops and, at the moment, I can't afford the annual fee.
Its fascinating though and I would recommend it to anyone who can do it. its a correspondance course so you can do it in your own time.
the nearest rodentologist to me is in Hastings which is an hours drive away. We desperately need more.

It seems there are a few of us who have started but due to other commitments, distance or whatever have fallen by the wayside. It's really sad and such a shame, it's a pity things weren't more flexible or lectures held around the country. I appreciate how difficult and costly that would be though for the CCT :(

Barbara

Billies Mum said:
Id pay a bit more to do it in London tbh

Me too if it was in my area, I suppose it's finding the time to do this and hands on experience can only really be gained there....Or with a local rodentologist, and we haven't got one :(
It's a catch 22 situation isn't it :-\

I wonder how many Rodentologists there are that are actually "active" there seeems to be none south of Nottingham at the moment?

Barbara

squeakypigs said:
kayjay said:
What is the website for this course please?

http://www.rodentology.org.uk/anim

Thanks :) I might look into doing this, I love learning new stuff and this would be so much more useful than learning about making cushions, or arranging flowers ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back